Aldi chocolate and Lidl sausages

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
It's in Aldi not Lidl.

They might have changed the packaging mind, I stopped eating dark chocolate around 2 years ago so not bought any for a while.
That would explain it then! Sadly we don't have an Aldi!

Reactions: 2 people

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
bev thanks I will have a good look and a rummage next time I am there. I have had Lidl pulled pork (without the sauce of course!) but not tried the Aldi one. Another thing for the list!

noblehead do you not eat chocolate at all - shock horror!

scandi nobelhead beat me to it - it's in Aldi that's why you can't find it in Lidl! Not sure if Lidl do an 85% chocolate.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
bev thanks I will have a good look and a rummage next time I am there. I have had Lidl pulled pork (without the sauce of course!) but not tried the Aldi one. Another thing for the list!

scandi nobelhead beat me to it - it's in Aldi that's why you can't find it in Lidl! Not sure if Lidl do an 85% chocolate.
They do an 81% choccie which is quite nice. I was trying to find multi mini pack bars but they don't do a high enough cocoa multi pack. Green and black is my fave!

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Courtesy of my son:

moser-roth-chocolate-3.jpg

Thank you,
Will make another trip to Aldi :)

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Not much, I give up eating dark chocolate at the same time as I stopped drinking caffeinated drinks, but I'm type 1 (so inject insulin) and if my bg is in the low 4's I'll have a piece of chocolate or a chocolate biscuit if there's nothing else around, but tbh I don't really have a sweet tooth so don't miss chocolate, desserts and such.

However, the Aldi chocolate is by far the best for quality and value for money, it's really good as the pack contains 5 individual bars and only have 4g of carbs each.

aqualung

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yay I got the chocolate from Aldi today:) The packaging is the same except the word 'premium' has been changed to 'finest'. It was on the shelf with the more expensive one so I compared it with the cheaper one but that was 74%. Then I realised that the 85% one had been put back in the wrong place and was the same price as the cheaper one. I looked for another 85% bar but they only had the one. Either it sells well or they don't get many in.

Durthic

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For the sausages, I'd suggest making your own. They're incredibly easy to make, and it gives you the flexibility to control absolutely everything that goes into them.

I started posting a few recipes up on here, but got sidetracked with work. I'll try to get more recipes up on here soon. I'm currently making bacon! :D