Same question again...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

I know i keep asking this but does anyone know any good effective pain relieve for sciatica caused by a bulging disc? I am in so much pain and depressed because i cant even walk around tesco without being in excrutiating pain....i just want to be a teenager again(even though im 20 now ha) :( but i just feel like crying as i can barely do anything :(
Sorry to keep asking the same thing!

And sorry its not diabetes related!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

brubeck1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
paracetamol together with ibuphrophen,
do not exeed max dose.

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
Hello Nichola Anne.
Sorry you are not feeling good.
I think paracetamol is safe to tale,dont bother with anadin and things like that they are all the same.
Take two paracetamol four times a day.dont wait for the pain to start take them anyway.
Anything stronger you would have to get from your doctor,
It would be a good thing to visit your doctor anyway.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i,ve had sciaticia onceand it was agony
my gp gave me tramadol as nothing else really worked

D

Deleted member 83869

Hello Nichola Anne.
Sorry you are not feeling good.
I think paracetamol is safe to tale,dont bother with anadin and things like that they are all the same.
Take two paracetamol four times a day.dont wait for the pain to start take them anyway.
Anything stronger you would have to get from your doctor,
It would be a good thing to visit your doctor anyway.
Paracetamol does absolutely nothing for me along with cocodamol ibuprofen naproxen etc! :(

D

Deleted member 83869

i,ve had sciaticia onceand it was agony
my gp gave me tramadol as nothing else really worked
Mine comes along with numbness and pins and needles too! My doctor wont give me tramadol as i am too young...i am 20! Might go back and see her as when asked she didnt know i had a bulging disc! :(

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Doc gave me diclofenac for sciatica. Nothing else touched the pain. Think you should go to the doc.

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You need to go back, if you have a bulging disc then you need something strong, and mention the numbness, it could be significant

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

Doc gave me diclofenac for sciatica. Nothing else touched the pain. Think you should go to the doc.
Im going back then! She knew it was sciatica beforehand and the highest dosage of anything that she would give me was 15/500 of cocodamol not even 30! I cant even explain the pain properly i just hate it sooo much and it makes me moody and ratty too! X

D

Deleted member 83869

You need to go back, if you have a bulging disc then you need something strong, and mention the numbness, it could be significant
I have the option for epidural but its epidural or operation...i want the op! I want this sorted! But defo will be going back and trying my luck yet again ha! X

iHs

CO dydramol plus an NSAID and a wrap around velcro back support. See physio dept at hospital for back support or look on ebay. See GP for co dydramol and an NSAID.....watch yr bg levels

D

Deleted member 83869

CO dydramol plus an NSAID and a wrap around velcro back support. See physio dept at hospital for back support or look on ebay. See GP for co dydramol and an NSAID.....watch yr bg levels
Codydramol what's that? and NSAID had one...naproxen....literally worked for a week

iHs

Is yr bulging disc a disc lesion? If it is and 2 discs are touching the sciatic nerve, then a wrap around corset will help as it will stop yr spine ftom moving. Traction done at hispital physio might also help to stretch yr spine and pull the discs apart so that they dont touch the sciatic nerve. The wrap around velcro corset cured my sciatica along with laying on the floor at night or sleeping on my tummy in bed. A good strong sedating pain killer is what you need at night ......see GP.

D

Deleted member 83869

Is yr bulging disc a disc lesion? If it is and 2 discs are touching the sciatic nerve, then a wrap around corset will help as it will stop yr spine ftom moving. Traction done at hispital physio might also help to stretch yr spine and pull the discs apart so that they dont touch the sciatic nerve. The wrap around velcro corset cured my sciatica along with laying on the floor at night or sleeping on my tummy in bed. A good strong sedating pain killer is what you need at night ......see GP.
No clue all i was told was "you have a big bulging disc and the only way to fix it is temporary pain relief with epidurals or surgery, which one do you want, and you have 2 months to decide" he was only a physio colleague of a surgeon there but will be saying a surgeon in 2 months with my dad to ask more questions etc. all i can remember is the bulge is pretty big.....JUST.MY.LUCK. Ha!
Other than an injury what could cause it?? Yes a sedating pill would be brill...cant remember the last time i was able to sleep properly :( x

iHs

Mine was caused through stretching to lift a suitcase down from top of wardbrobe.....should have stood on a chair but didnt. Stretching to clean windows is another. I too was going to opt for surgery but it got better on its own accord with the velcro corset.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I know i keep asking this but does anyone know any good effective pain relieve for sciatica caused by a bulging disc? I am in so much pain and depressed because i cant even walk around tesco without being in excrutiating pain....i just want to be a teenager again(even though im 20 now ha) :( but i just feel like crying as i can barely do anything :(
Sorry to keep asking the same thing!

And sorry its not diabetes related!!

Hi Nicola sorry to hear you are in so much pain, I would go to your GP and tell them how painful it is. I have pain in the right side of my back ( I have frozen shoulders) and my GP prescribed Codipar) which does help when it is particularly painful:inpain: I hope you can get some relief soon Nicola x

D

Deleted member 83869

Mine was caused through stretching to lift a suitcase down from top of wardbrobe.....should have stood on a chair but didnt. Stretching to clean windows is another. I too was going to opt for surgery but it got better on its own accord with the velcro corset.
See i have no clue all i thought it was at first was maybe i had injected in my bum wrong....how wrong was i...starting to wish it had just been that lol!!

D

Deleted member 83869

Hi Nicola sorry to hear you are in so much pain, I would go to your GP and tell them how painful it is. I have pain in the right side of my back ( I have frozen shoulders) and my GP prescribed Codipar) which does help when it is particularly painful:inpain: I hope you can get some relief soon Nicola x
Hello, i will go back again soon! And see if she will change her mind! Codipar does nothing to me apart from making me lightheaded for the first 2 days of taking it! I have no hope....ha x

Anie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can do damage by lifting a heavy weight. Worse still is lifting and twisting which causes more damage to the discs. I can't urge you enough to go back to the dr and tell her about the numbness, it could cause permanent damage. You are young and you really don't want to be left with problems for the rest of your life. If all else fails go to the hospital .

You are right that drugs won't help, they may give you a bit of relief for a short time, but be aware that they could cause you further problems if you are on them for a long time.