Hypos

alexwilko99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whats the lowest you've ever been? the reason i ask is because i got to 1.9 the other day its the lowest i've been by far and i felt dreadful eyes went strange, walking about like i was drunk. awful experience on the brightside at least i can eat some chocolate! haha

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
at 2.7 i find I also walk about as though am drunk feel very strange to eyes blurry and sweaty...... scary

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never been lower than 2.2
Have had that happen on three occassions, once at work a week and half ago. Thats the lowest I've ever gone at my work and also the worst I've ever felt from a hypo.

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I may have been down at 1.9 but it came on slowly, so the symptoms were subtle and not very violent, unlike the hypos that come on quickly........your body will let you know without any subtlety....

DRAGEX323

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My lowest was around about the 1 point and felt awful, but it wasn't to much of a worry as I was with a diabetic family member who gave me a hand

JontyW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance & Arrogance.
Three years ago, before I started tighter carb counting and bolus calculating with IC ratios, I was mowing the lawn mid morning and didn't feel too great.

So went up to my bedroom where meter was and measured .. 1.8 ..whoops that doesn't sound too good, better get some food. But it must have dropped very fast and I instead went back into the garden confused. A visitor at next door's front door saw me staggering about and asked if OK, and of course I replied "yes thanks" .. stupid me but brain now struggling to be rational.

Don't remember anything after that, but woke up two hours later on the garage floor with three paramedics leaning over me!! It seems I passed out in the garage, hit a ladder on the garage floor and there was blood everywhere. I was only found when another neighbour saw me lying there and then my wife came to find me since it was lunchtime. I came round in about 20 minutes or so after glucogen injection and all OK after that.

Since converting to tighter control (MDI + tight carb count + bolus based on ratios + 100g carb diet), overall BG better (~6.5% instead of ~ 7.5%) and hypos now a thing of the past. I've been T! for 45 years with no complications, so I thought I knew what I was doing .. but you can always learn something new it seems :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
In my early years (when on twice daily injections) I woke to a reading in the 1's, could have been around 1.6mmol but just forget. Scary nonetheless.

sammybabe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
0.6 had a uti 10 weeks post spinal surgery was not fun woke up to 3 paramedics in my front room they insisted I go to hospital as I had an elevated heart rate too 159bpm was allowed to go home at 2in the morning

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Derek1966

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whats the lowest you've ever been? the reason i ask is because i got to 1.9 the other day its the lowest i've been by far and i felt dreadful eyes went strange, walking about like i was drunk. awful experience on the brightside at least i can eat some chocolate! haha
I haven't been below 3.5 however I get quite noticeable hypo symptoms at 4.0. I start to feel tired and sweaty higher than that at about 4.7 but I haven't got to so low a stage that I feel ill by it. I daresay it will happen one day and probably in the not too distant future, but I think it will only be likely if I make a mistake with my medication

hazel p

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had a 1.6. I was in A & E, the doctor wouldn't leave me because I was making too much sence! He was asking me the day, where I was and I answered it all correctly. He even asked who I thought he was and I read his ID badge and told him his name was Dr Ali. He was was amazed I wasn't unconscious, never mind conversing with him haha.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
During my period of hypos. I recorded many below 3, many between 2 & 3, but non below 2. Haven't had a hypo in over 6 weeks now.