Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
being woken up early :(
Hey everyone.

My ended up in A+E last night unable to breathe and found out I've got pneumonia. Without a cough a cold or even a sneeze! My glucose has been an absolute nightmare to control. I've been dropping really quick then shooting up and then dropping to 0.9!!! I feel very very sick and been sent home with antibiotics. Is there anything anyone can advise me on? I am terrified I'm going to go into a coma or a something. Thank you in advance xxxx

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry to hear of your bad news. Given the erratic nature of your bg it would be wise to test your bg more frequent to spot any hypo's before they take hold, other than that get in touch with your diabetes team in the morning and ask them for some advice.

Hope your feeling better soon.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh love - pneumonia is like being stomped by an elephant.

Be gentle with yourself!

I can't give you any advice on controlling BG with insulin, but I can tell you that you'll start feeling better when the antibiotics kick in, but it will take longer than you expect to get back up to 100%.

Rest, good food and minimal stress will help things along tremendously.

Reactions: 2 people

Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you. It feels like my chest has been stomped with steel toe cap boots. I can hardly breath sometimes. I'm testing every hour and I've also adjusted my lantus and I have no appetite so I'm trying out compeed. That's meant to help. Xxx

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lots and lots of tiny snacks. And always have a drink to keep sipping from, even when it's too much effort to bother.

Are you signed off work? And is there anyone who can pick up food and supplies for you?

Sorry to sound so clucky, but a friend of mine was sooo ill.
But she is fully recovered now. Out walking her dog at all hours again.

Peachypuff72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My partner is looking after me and I've been signed of work a few months back after diagnoses of type 1 diabetes :(.
I have no cough or cold or any fever I feel like someone's stamped on my chest and very fatigued though. I've slept 12 hours already and now heading to bed as I have an emergency appointment with my dentist as I tripped over and have broken my tooth. Bumps come in 3s they say. Xxxx

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Take care ands test regularly. Small amounts of food as much as you can manage and plenty of sleep is probably a good idea. No real earth shattering advice sorry just heaps of good wishes that you feel a bit better soon.