I want to lose a few pounds!

patriciana

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. I want to lose a few pounds. I can't follow diets, for this I think to use weight loss product reductan. What do you think about this?

Randburg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grey Cats
Hi, you say you cant follow diets, and personally I feel similar as in the long term a lot of them don't work, as once you stop the weight goes back on.
What I found however is if you watch what you eat, it makes all the difference.
Consider trying to cut back on Carbohydrates,( you will find many references on this site)You will defiantly loose weight
This also has the added benefit of lowering blood sugar levels of all diabetics.
If you add some exercise even better
Nothing venture nothing gain.
Good Luck, let us know what happens

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

opitia

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello from me. Try to eat healthy, forget about this type of products. I encourage more physical activity. All the best!

Reactions: 2 people

eilita

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that this is a known product. I don't have information on how it works. The best solution is to talk with doctor!

alliece

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. For me this is very good product. I used reductan for 7 weeks and lost 10 kg. I feel much better. Be careful!

Egerton

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all. I want to lose a few pounds. I can't follow diets, for this I think to use weight loss product reductan. What do you think about this?
Engage in regular physical activities as they will burn your fat, boost metabolism and help in losing few pounds. Do not skip meals, avoid eating late and prefer raw food over processed food.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reductan works by suppressing hunger and increases metabolism. What else do you want to know
In that case, I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

It would increase my chance of hypos.

Everyone else's mileage will, of course, vary!

Sunspot

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bad food, junk food, processed food.
You can't follow diets but you want to lose weight. You have a problem.

I think a lot about weight loss success comes down to how you go about it from a mental perspective. Its a very mental process. One of the things i've included in my own list of rules this time is to pay attention to stress and depression and deal with it as soon as i can. Mostly i deal with stress and stuff by going to get some counselling and believe me it helps.

Make a diet that works for you. Don't follow a diet you've found in a book because most of the time they ask you to restrict your calories too severely and this brings on uncontrollable hunger.

We can already see that you are making it hard for yourself by saying you can't follow diets. Its like saying, i'll give up now. Presumably you have tried many times and failed. I think it would pay you to spend some thinking about what you did last time and try to figure out what caused you to fail before.
i.e.
were you too hungry,
did you get lazy and take liberties with the rules
did you let loose when you went on holidays or on christmas seasons and were then unable to get back on the wagon when you came home or the holiday ended
do the ups and downs of the scales upset you too much
do you tripped up by emotional crises
did you get bored with the food limitations you imposed?
were you too impatient for results?
do you have a family that hinders your efforts?
Are you too busy or disorganised to pay enough attention
do you not know how to cook or don't like it
do you not know much about healthy nutrition?
do you have too many temptations around you?
do you think you have to exercise an hour a day? and when you can't keep up with the program, you lose heart and give up.
what causes you to lose heart?
don't you like healthy food?
do you hate fruit and vegetables?
Does thinking about the length of the process upset you and make you lose heart?
Do you think its too hard?
As you can see there are many reasons for diet failure.

You need to identify your triggers and problems and find solutions. Read, try things out, experiment. But above all remain optimistic, be patient, dedicated, ask for help when you've got a problem, allow yourself to make mistakes.

if you are diabetic or insulin resistant, i'd suggest you give low carb the atkins way a chance. Find one of his older books. It tells you what to do step by step. There are a few small pitfalls but there are many good low carb forums including an atkins one. There is also a low carb book for diabetics written by a woman called Ruhl which i've heard good things about but haven't read. I"d probably get that one actually as she talks a lot about monitoring things as she is a diabetic herself. I like her website too phlaunt.com. I find the food luxurious on low carb and you don't have to start off as severely as they recommend. YOu can start off at a big number and work down as you feel like it. the main thing to keep in mind is keep your food as varied as possible and monitor everything on a site like my fitness pal. At least i find that a helpful thing to do, even though Atkins says you only have to count carbs, which may be true.

But above, whatever diet you follow, don't worry about trying to lose it fast. Patience and determination. And avoid getting hungry.

Reactions: 6 people

Alice233

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The fastest way to burn fat is to do sprints... run as fast as you can for 30 seconds to a minute, rest, and repeat a few times, do this every day.

Also, for losing weight, it's a very tricky combination of diet and exercise... you should be running mid to long distances 5 or 6 days each of the two weeks, PLUS eating only enough calories to sustain and stay healthy. When I was training for a marathon, I was running about 50-60 miles a week, and I burned 8 pounds in 2 weeks, easy.

Also, this isn't professional advice or anything, but my brother and I lost 40 pounds in two months a few years ago on a water, grapes, and bread diet.... that's all we ate for those two months.

Good luck

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Also, this isn't professional advice or anything, but my brother and I lost 40 pounds in two months a few years ago on a water, grapes, and bread diet.... that's all we ate for those two months.

Weight loss or not, I shudder to think what that would do to my BGs!

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'd forget the weird stuff like nothing but etc etc .... more likely to crack you up!
I've gone from 18st to fifteen stone over about four months on the low carb high fat life style.
It isn't a diet as such it's more a life style change.
In other words it's permanent.
To be honest I suspect someone is advertising.

Reactions: 3 people

f430.enzo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been using this Better than Pasta advertised on Diabetic UK website. These are brilliant. Look like pasta feels like pasta ... Just needs a good sauce as they are only 9 cal .. I seethe ingredient list that these are made of water and fibre. Sugar under control when I had these. Time to get more supplies.

Fallgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread started off strangely - all newcomers touting one product, supposedly "answering" questions, when all the (newbie) posters wrote in the same broken English. And, none of the 'newbie' posters have posted in any other threads since? Suspicious.

patriciana

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
The fastest way to burn fat is to do sprints... run as fast as you can for 30 seconds to a minute, rest, and repeat a few times, do this every day.

Also, for losing weight, it's a very tricky combination of diet and exercise... you should be running mid to long distances 5 or 6 days each of the two weeks, PLUS eating only enough calories to sustain and stay healthy. When I was training for a marathon, I was running about 50-60 miles a week, and I burned 8 pounds in 2 weeks, easy.

Good luck
Thanks for the tips!
I don't have enough time to do it. For this I'm trying to find another solution!