First meeting about getting a pump

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
Got my first meeting with the pump DSN on the 14 Sept,just maybe after over 50years of sticking that bloody needle 6 times a day may be coming to end.Wish me luck!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 11 people

DiaBethic95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My first meeting is on the same day!
Good luck!!!!
:)

Beth, Type 1 diabetic.
Or as my family call me 'Diabethic'

Reactions: 8 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
50 years is a long time to be sticking needles in yourself yingtong, really do wish you luck and it would be great if you can give us progress update.

Likewise with you Beth.

Reactions: 2 people

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
noblehead,thank you very much,but I would sooner have my Hypo awareness back,but I manage with a lot of testing.I will certainly keep you updated with my progress.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

iHs

Im not too far behind you yingtong in living with type 1.

Not sure whether you will like pumping or whether youll see all the warts and corns after youvr had a pump for about a year. There have been times when Ive been only too grateful to use a pen to sort out really high bg levels rather than rely on the pump and worry if it is working as it should. Youve got to keep your wits about you and test bg levels a lot more than on MDI. The good thing, even with all the agro that pumps are at times, is that youll be able to go to sleep at night and not worry about going hypo p and needing help to get out of them.
Have a good read up on the forums as most problems have been discussed so good luck...

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Best of luck with getting a pump, I got mine in January after 25 years of sticking needles in myself and I haven't looked back, had the odd hiccup but these things are sent to test us :) xx