Headaches

booboo

HI,
Since being diagnosed type2 I have loads of headaches, does anyone else suffer this?
I am on Metformin 2x500mg

Aadrgon

Hi booboo

You can get headaches if your blood sugar is too high. What sort of readings are you getting ?

EricD

Dislikes
Bullies and sockpuppets. Not being able to eat I want.
I suffered from headaches for a couple of weeks after dx, must be a side effect of Metformin.

C

catherinecherub

Hi booboo,
You do not say how long you have been diagnosed or how long you have been on Metformin.
As Aadrgon says, it could be high blood sugars. Try and give us a typical day's menu and the sort of readings you are getting.
It could also be dehydration. You need to drink water as well as other drinks when you are diabetic. Regular meals and drinks are a must.

James2782

I'd have to agree, that its most probably dehydration. its the main cause of most headaches. It may well be brought on by the medication, but I'm sure water will sort it out. Good luck.

MaggieAnne

I sympathise - getting the same problem - along with my blurred vision. Off to see the Dr to discuss everything with him - first appointment available next Wednesday. I am also going to tackle my need for testing strips and ask if there is another nurse or diabetic clinic I can be referred to as the high carbs and the dated attitude of my current nurse regarding testing is not acceptable.

Hope your headache gets better soon. I am trying to drink more so hopefully mine will ease too.

Regards

Maggie Anne

booboo

Thanks for replying :D ....Diagnosed Dec 08 trying so hard to limit my carbs. Will try drinking more water. My main problem is what to have for breakfast. I eat 4 times small meals and have bought a steamboat to cook with which is very helpful in cutting fats. I eat mainly fish and chicken with lots of veg. My readings are between 6.5 and 7.5

C

catherinecherub

Hi booboo,
Breakfast is a problem for lots of people. Don't know how you have decided to manage your diabetes. I am probably a medium carber so I make my own mueseli with large oat flakes, loads of seed and nuts and add yoghurt and mixed berries. You could have cold meats, eggs, fish , the list is endless. What are your preferences?

Catherine.

booboo

I prefer fish to anything else. Pancakes I love but high in carbs? I go walking for an hour everyday.
Have lots of soup home made.

C

catherinecherub

Have a look on the Low Carb forum for recipes. There is a sticky there that might have some ideas for you. If you love fish then how about using your steamer for some salmon, mackerel, or what about kippers..

Catherine.

booboo

I use the steamer a lot for salmon and other fish with a japanese miso broth plus pak choi spring onions cauli/broccoli. Excuse my ignorance what is a sticky?

C

catherinecherub

A sticky is a post that is permanently displayed at the top of a forum. Even if no one answers it it's postion does not alter.