Gaining Weight On Medication

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I am on Metformin and gliclazide I do exercise daily so not had any weight gain ..I find walking after a meal is beneficial and was told these drugs make you lose weight so as for the bleary eyes yes I hate that as have it at times also my skin tends to feel weird at times and i have to rub my eyes..

G

graj0

I am on Metformin and gliclazide I do exercise daily so not had any weight gain ..I find walking after a meal is beneficial and was told these drugs make you lose weight so as for the bleary eyes yes I hate that as have it at times also my skin tends to feel weird at times and i have to rub my eyes..
Sadly my weight gain occurred while I was eating the same and exercising the same, but there again, it affects everyone differently.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hope it gets sorted for you I do know how it makes you feel when putting a few pounds on...talk to your diabetic Nurse am sure they can help and advice accordingly....

Reactions: 2 people

paganess03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OH was on glicazide just got the doctor to change it back because of the potential weight gain issue now back on metformin from today.
What are your side effects -assume other than tummy upset? Would be interested if your issues are same as my OH!
Had a battle on my hands but hoped it turned out to be a reasonable discussion in the end ....
Hi Daniel, My side effects were awful, i was walking around like a zombie as if i was having an out of body experience, as well as the tummy troubles,I was so bad i had to stop driving for 3 months,They did give me slow release but they made no difference, finally took me off them when i landed in hospital with dehydraytion, they now have me down as being allergic to them.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yes well keeps her mouth closed seeing as she has had a bad tumm for the last few days grrrrrr but not had any trouble for three years looks like things are changing grumbles