MrSteveVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everything I have to Eat!
Hiya fellow Betties!

Does anyone suffer from head sweats during the night?, I don't mean normal sweating that we are all suffering from in the Uk at the moment due to our exceptionally nice hot weather but just the head only. I often wake up and the pillow is completely drenched as if I had poured a cup of water over the pillow. Its only the head, as the rest if me appears quite normal. Its costing me a fortune in new pillows as I need new ones every couple of months. Might be a side affect of the medication but as it only occurs once or twice a week and the medication is regular it probably isn't so I suspect is may be linked to a high or a low??? Not sure which as I am type 2 and my borough does not prescribe test strips for type 2 and I have been a victim of that horrid word Redundancy so I cannot buy anything to check. If anyone else has these and knows if its a sign of high, or low it would be most helpful

thanks for listening

Steve V

cathie51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
I also suffer from this and can find no reason. I am type 2 have spoken to the Dr about it kept a diary etc. nothing leaps out as causing it.

I do get test strips etc. because I have to take insulin, and I have tested when the sweats wake me during the night and have been high, low and normal with perhaps slightly more on the high side. So was told not to eat before bedtime, don't normally anyway.

Finally told to lose weight and see if that helps, easier said than done when you have an underactive thyroid and they keep changing medication. Have been trying though and have managed to lose a stone in 6 months.
I also get high doses of steroids and wondered if it was that, but no didn't match up .

My best advice is go to your Dr you may find you have an obvious reason when you talk it over with them.

Sorry not very helpful but you are not alone.

MrSteveVee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Everything I have to Eat!
Thanks for the info Cathie, I'll have a chat with the Doc on my next visit

Thanks

Steve V