Lump at injection site

Emmflo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a type 1 diabetic and when I was first diagnosed I would only inject in my stomach and after a few years I started to get a sort of hard lump across my stomach where I injected. The hospital said if I were to leave it alone and inject else where it would go down, however it's been a few years of patient waiting and it's still there. I've tried exercise focusing in that area. I don't inject there at all anymore, I just don't know how to get rid of it. If anyone has and suggestions or advice that would be amazing :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a type 1 diabetic and when I was first diagnosed I would only inject in my stomach and after a few years I started to get a sort of hard lump across my stomach where I injected. The hospital said if I were to leave it alone and inject else where it would go down, however it's been a few years of patient waiting and it's still there. I've tried exercise focusing in that area. I don't inject there at all anymore, I just don't know how to get rid of it. If anyone has and suggestions or advice that would be amazing :)
Oh dear, sounds like scar tissue. Not sure if you can get rid of it. Sorry.

Welcome by the way, I notice you are new to forum.

Emmflo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear, sounds like scar tissue. Not sure if you can get rid of it. Sorry.

Welcome by the way, I notice you are new to forum.

I thought it would be. Thanks for the reply and the welcome! :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought it would be. Thanks for the reply and the welcome! :)
Sorry couldn't be more help.

If you go to introduction section to say hello you may get noticed by someone else type 1 with similar experience.

Hope you get what you are looking for.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I believe you can have cosmetic surgery on the NHS to remove the lumps if the reasons for the removal are deemed reasonable.

I still have some Lipohypertrophy scars form 30 years ago when I over-injected into the stomach, it's not as unsightly as it once was but still visible nonetheless.

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on a diabetes course last week and we covered this very point. It was said that the nhs no longer offer cosmetic surgery for this. Just to clarify.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I was on a diabetes course last week and we covered this very point. It was said that the nhs no longer offer cosmetic surgery for this. Just to clarify.

Thanks Diddly.

Emmflo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for all the replies got so many more answers here then I've ever gotten about it.

I'm thinking of possibly going down the cosmetic surgery route, I think I will speak to my GP about it.

Reactions: 2 people