Confused and disillusioned ...on the up (or rather down!)

danielt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Previously I posted about how I couldn't get to grips with anything...

Return visit to GP (usual eat carbs don't test...as it means nothing hba1c only thing you need to worry about I asked how will we know what food spikes ..again only hba1c counts...)

HOWEVER meds changed back to metformin and followed LCHF recipes on @purplekat 's thread ...and... Reading tonight 9.3!!

Yes it's high but lower than it has been at anytime in weeks! Hasn't been in single figures for ages..

Small steps probably but huge progress for us!!

Onwards and upwards ..oops I mean downwards!!!!

:)

Reactions: 7 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Was the 9.3 two hours after? What did you eat?

Edit: That's good if you are coming down in the right direction :)

danielt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
It's actually my OH who is diabetic... Today he has had if I am honest a fair amount of carb...it isn't a (now) typical day...

a veggie breakfast on the move as we were out for the day. Sausages were literally veg and potato type, baked beans and two hash browns and a fried egg. Lunch was a Danish pastry (ashamed I am...as I nagged) then a spelt and sunflower roll. Then the watercress and leek roulade on the veg thread with cauliflower and four new potatoes.

Just had two corn cakes and cottage cheese. Kitchen now closed! So a pretty bad day really but good readings. Back on the wagon tomorrow so more improvement I hope!!!

He does feel better with less carbs and is realising more and more my rantings (usually repetitions of what I read on here lol!) do make sense!!!!
:)