Bulletproof Coffee Experiences

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Hi I tried a bulletproof coffee this morning and very much enjoyed it but didn't test so will have to do that tomorrow. I made it with ordinary coffee, coconut oil and normal store bought butter. What are other people's experiences with bulletproof coffee please, i.e. blood glucose readings, adding cream, satiety until next meal etc, thanks

whosbear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Some, but not many. Hate shopping at tesco!
What is Bulletproof Coffee? I love coffee but have never heard of this one!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hi I tried a bulletproof coffee this morning and very much enjoyed it but didn't test so will have to do that tomorrow. I made it with ordinary coffee, coconut oil and normal store bought butter. What are other people's experiences with bulletproof coffee please, i.e. blood glucose readings, adding cream, satiety until next meal etc, thanks
Levels my blood sugars out very well gives me an incredible mental lift deadens my appetite for hours I have it three mornings a week and I think drug dealers could do well flogging it.
Instant Nescafe tablespoon of unsalted butter two sweeteners that's it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
That's three mornings a week for breakfast and nowt else.

Reactions: 2 people

whosbear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Some, but not many. Hate shopping at tesco!
I feel better for watching this clip! Not yet sure I want butter in my coffee just yet though. But I may consider it once just to see what it's like.

Reactions: Shas3

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
thank for all the replies and for those who haven't tried, please do. I have both a tablespoon of coconut oil and butter in a big mug of just instant coffee with a couple of sweeteners and sometimes a dash of cream, put it all in a food processor ( I do it about a 1/3 at a time or otherwise it spills out of the top) and it's the best tasting coffee I have ever had and keeps you going for hours. I now have my 'breakfast omelette' at suppertime.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

I use posh ground decaf (grumpy mule brand), because the caffeine is a bit too much for me.

I make up half a 6 cup cafetiere, bung the brewed coffee into the blender with a... an approximately guessed lump of unsalted anchor or lurpak or kerrygold, with a blob of coconut oil, blend. Drink.

Makes about 400ml.

No jitters. Clear mind. Focus and concentration. No hunger for hours.

Love it.

janmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cool ill try h&b tomorrow intrigued to see what the coffee tastes like, how dyou calc carbs cals in it

andy1971

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
peas and doctors... well you asked!
Is this stuff safe for type 1's to be drinking?

janmoore

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
janmoore post: 602371 said:
Where do you all get your coconut oil from
Omg 16.00 a tub In h&b needless to say I tried it without lol while not unpleasant taste( did think it sounded bit yukky but went in with an open mind) by the time I made the coffee blended in the butter then topped off with a drop of double cream it was luke warm lol, any tips on keeping it hot enuf to drink, can It be nuked to reheat?

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I buy coconut oil from Amazon, it is dear but believe me it lasts for ages and ages.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Make sure the butter is unsalted.
I make a cup of instant in a jug let the butter melt nuke it for thirty seconds then add the oil and fluff it up with my whizzer and pour into a mug.

Reactions: 2 people