Finger prickers ...

GJF

Hi,

My health authority has decided - for financial reasons - to give us ALL the same glucose testing meters, Nexus GlucoRx.
The finger pricker is absolutely LETHAL!!! It hurts!!!
So I've been using my old Bayer Microlet2 pricker which, fortunately, accepts the same lancet. But, there's going to come a time when I'll need to replace it and I don't know where to source them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greta
:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just ring the manufacturer up and request one, as far as they are concerned your still using their meter, the lancers are really inexpensive to produce

When I used the Contour Next meter that lancing device was hopeless, so I just continued to use my Accu-Chek Multiclix lancer from before :).

Kazzy Lud

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

My health authority has decided - for financial reasons - to give us ALL the same glucose testing meters, Nexus GlucoRx.
So I've been using my old Bayer Microlet2 pricker which, fortunately, accepts the same lancet. But, there's going to come a time when I'll need to replace it and I don't know where to source them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greta
Am I right in thinking that, as a diabetic, you have the right to request the best monitor etc suited to your needs? That was what I read when I received my Bayer contour next meter. They have a helpline if you have difficulty getting the equipment you want. I am still using my accucheck fastclix pricker as I prefer it to the Bayer.

cjm1538

[QUOT n
Hi,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greta

oblehead, post: 610668, member: 11028"]Just ring the manufacturer up and request one, as far as they are concerned your still using their meter, the lancers are really inexpensive to produce

When I used the Contour Next meter that lancing device was hopeless, so I just continued to use my Accu-Chek Multiclix lancer from before :).[/QUOTE]
I coi agr
Hi,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Greta

I couldn't agree more - I too was asked to change from Lifescan VerioIQ meter to GlucoRx for cost reasons. I did not mind doing this if it saves some money but the pricker, as you say, is hopeless and yes it hurts!! I shudder to think what it would be like on the highest setting - It would probably appear on the other side of your finger - So come one GlucoRx "get you finger out" and sort this out.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've now got a Wavesense Jazz and do not like the finger pricker. I still use the one that came with my One Touch machine, I've still got enough lancets for that one, but lancets are fairly cheap to buy yourself.