Misdiagnosed So Confused

shaneo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I have for the past week exhibited all the symptoms of diabetes. Dry mouth, urinating almost every hour, slight tired ness after eating.
I have gone to 2 doctors.
There was no glucose in both separate urinalysis dipstick tests, and no infection present in urine lab test.
My fasting blood glucose was 5.2, my hba1c is 4.7, and I scored 7.1 on a glucometer about half an hour after eating breakfast. Both doctors feel I don't have diabetes, and yet at the end of all this I still have all the symptoms...has anyone had similar strange experiences prior to diagnosis? I'm so afraid and confused...

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
From your test results it seems that you do not have diabetes. Neither are you suffering any other condition that is cause for concern.

There is more to diabetes than you have described in the symptoms you are currently experiencing.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I second you dont have diabeties. If you did I would expect to see blood sugars of 30+

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's not diabetes with those numbers

Dry mouth urinating every hour,
Are you drinking a lot?
Have you had a uti before, you get the urge but pass less urine than normal

What did the dr say it was?

shaneo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
My potassium was lower than normal, but I haven't got the result from the second urinalysis, the second dipstick test seemed to have registered higher RBC and proteins and ketones.
Never had a uti and have no pain in that region, and sometimes after eating my urine is completely clear, and a long lasting stream.
The doctors don't think it's diabetes, but don't really have a clue what it could be. One is really young, looks like it's his first year a gp, and the other is a radiologist who I know personally, so not really his area.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Completely clear and a full bladder is good and shows your aren't dehydrated
It should start yellow of a morning and go clear as the day goes on

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm another that can't see anything wrong with your blood glucose. It is perfectly normal, and my feeling is that your symptoms relate to something else entirely. By the way, it's often the young doctors that know the most as they are more up to date with the latest things, but even so, I doubt any doctor would class you as diabetic with those blood results and no glucose in your urine. Have you got your own glucometer, or are you able to borrow one? Testing yourself might help if you are so worried.

shaneo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Yes that's what happens yellow during the night and clear morning into aftermoon

shaneo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
I think I might buy one, how much are they? And the strips and lancets?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The cheapest seems to be the SD Codefree available on-line. It isn't the meters that cost a lot, some are even free, it is the testing strips that cost, so beware of that.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't have any symptoms before I was diagnosed. My HbA1c was 7% (53 in new money) My fasting was 7mmol/l

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I hope you really do not have diabetes but in my case I had these symptoms about 8 months ago and then they disappeared, when I was diagnosed t2 less than a week ago my doc asked me for all these symptoms and i told her I had them about 8 months ago and not anymore, she was quite convinced its not diabetes but i almost forced her to check me for it. You have already been tested and everything comes out normal so I wouldnt worry much but just test once in a week to see if everything is fine and under control.
I am fairly new to all this and would request senior forum members to correct me if am wrong.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is this the same person that was.asking if he was diabetic couple of weeks ago said he went out and got a meter cause HE thought he was diabetic and had not been to the doctors . Get the impression some of the people that come on to the forum want to be diabetic or is that just me ????????

Reactions: 2 people

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
.... Get the impression some of the people that come on to the forum want to be diabetic

I get that impression too. I'm not saying that the OP wants to be diabetic - but just exploring the possibility of having the condition. I would wish that we did not have diabetes in any form in our family...

shaneo

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
No that wasn't me... Believe I'm the one that wants d the least, and I don't want to ignore the obvious symptoms for months down the line... The only test I've yet to take is an oral glucose that should clarify all