Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Picked up my prescription before and the pharmacy have given me Owen Mumford Unifine Pentip needles instead of my usual BD Mircro-Fine 4mm needles, are these any good as I don't want to open the box as I won't be able to return them? Still got a few BD needles to go on with but I'll use the OM needles if they are OK. Not had this happen before and been using BD needles for a very long time.

Samanthacxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Last month, I got given BD Micro-Fine 4mm Penta Point. It said on the back that instead of three bevels, it now has five for more comfort.

There was no comfort, just sheer pain! It put me off injecting!. Luckily this month I have my usual BD ones. I've never heard of those needles, I work in a pharmacy, so I'll need to keep an eye out.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 3 people

Samanthacxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do recognise those now, although they aren't given out much. I'm looking for new needles because the supplier we use are changing to those BD Penta Point, and no way am I using those!.

Good luck with them, I look forward to hearing how they are!.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Didn't notice any difference, no discomfort on injecting or problems with the needle attaching to the pen :)

Samanthacxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brilliant, thanks! I'll request to change them then. The BD Penta Point needles had my legs and stomach full of bruises and lumps, and my normal BD ones never caused that.

Reactions: 2 people