when ?

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
I have been accepted by my consultant to have the accu chek combo pump, this was about 2 weeks ago,
I was wondering what is the time frame from getting the go-ahead to actually getting it. Is it weeks, months or when?
It's awful that they say yes, and then nothing.... I hate being in the dark.

(I posted this earlier, but in the wrong place.)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I think it varies from area to area. I'm in mid Wales and from being approved in June/July it was November before I was started on the pump. That was in 2011 so processes might have speeded up by now.

Reactions: 2 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
a few months probably.............

my pump was actually ready and waiting but the clinic waited till there was 5 days free in their schedule to train me and 3 others

Reactions: 2 people

EchoIsGreat

I have been accepted by my consultant to have the accu chek combo pump, this was about 2 weeks ago,
I was wondering what is the time frame from getting the go-ahead to actually getting it. Is it weeks, months or when?
It's awful that they say yes, and then nothing.... I hate being in the dark.

(I posted this earlier, but in the wrong place.)

susieg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
the confusion about what and what not to eat, provided by others who know it all!
With the new Accu-Chek Insight pump due out anytime now. I would wait or make sure you can exchange the Combo when the new one is available.
Oh that's worth waiting for then. !!:)