OneTouch verio IQ

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all any body had any problems with the verio iq meter mines keeps saying test strip fault or it keeps marking the test as a control solution test
Also I done a test at 11this morning and 2 test it said was a fault with the strip then I got one showing 10.2 control solution then one again 6.8 control solution then another test it said 13.8
As you can see have not got a clue what my reading is reading to throw it in the bin and go back to my old bayers next meter

Reactions: 2 people

Madbazoo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try contacting Verio and they will probably send you a free replacement.

toby64

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,
i was given one of these units to trial, after getting quite a few boxes of strips, i plugged it in and charged it up, and like you on the first usage after the initial setu,p kept getting strip errors, so i would redo the test with another test strip, and realized that the time required to put the blood on the strip was very short putting the unit in some sort of fault mode, unlike my other machines i had to be ready to go straight away you do not even get enough time if you have a misfire with your lance, to stop it from going into this mode. the other issue i have with the machine is after you have finally got a test strip to work, you can not turn it off it seems to take ages for it to shut down consequently when you go to use it a few days later it either will not start up or it starts up and then stops without any warning that the rechargeable battery was low, it should have an auto shut off as soon as you remove the strip like most other machines to save the battery life. I must say i was very disappointed with my machine and for a while i went back to my Freestyle lite, but now have the new Freestyle Insulinx which has the same type of computer sync as the verio, only had it a week but have found it to be much more user friendly, and my Diabetic educator and nurse can down load my reading i n a few seconds great machine.
hope you get some resolve with your Verio would be interested to hear back on how you are going with it.
Keep well and Best regards Toby.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi toby64
Thanks for your comments what you are saying I see that was happening with my meter I have not had a chance to call the help line as they close at 5 and I don't get home till then .
My old meter the battery life would last up to 5 to 6 weeks if I get a week out the vario I am lucky
And as for the control solution one that I don't no what is going on but will let you no
Thanks again

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We'll called up the customer care line and after a few strange questions they are going to send out a new meter
Only thing is I have lost faith in it so not sure if I will use it might go back to my old Bayers next meter it never gave me any bother

User4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had one, I never trusted it. It gave wildly innacurate results. Two consecutive tests could differ by up to 6.

User4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a contour next usb now with no problems whatsoever.

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have tested on my next contour meter level 14 test on the vario it was 16 I am going to go back to the next meter only problem I have a month supply of the test strips for the vario and only 50 for the next might need to ask the doc to change them back and hand in the test strips

User4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have tested on my next contour meter level 14 test on the vario it was 16 I am going to go back to the next meter only problem I have a month supply of the test strips for the vario and only 50 for the next might need to ask the doc to change them back and hand in the test strips

Assuming you're in the UK, just do what I did - Tell the doctor you lost your test strips. Got 100 spare now :)

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just to let you no I got another meter sent out first few test were ok then it started it again control test or test strip fault
So don't use it any more don't trust it
Back to using my next USB meter

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the Verio iq and have been pleased with it. Only thing is I find it easy to get water on the strip if I have not dried my hands properly, which leads to a strip problem.

User4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the Verio iq and have been pleased with it. Only thing is I find it easy to get water on the strip if I have not dried my hands properly, which leads to a strip problem.

I'd check it against other meters. Mine was wildly innacurate.