Hypo treatment .

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When your hypoing during pregnancy , what is it you have for your sugar and carbs so that you then don't get the rebound it brings you up enough just to be in target ?

Reactions: 2 people

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I tend to have 3-4 jelly babies which brings it up just enough. I always have to force myself to leave the kitchen though as it's so tough not to eat more!

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great question cloe, I tend to over indulge when im low!! Would great to hear what everyone else does!!!

I wad 2.6 today after having lucozade I went straight up to 16! and cant get back down so just corrected with insulin fingers cross im come down!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes was curios as how other people have cracked this matter lol !!

.I've tried all different things to be fair , dextros , gluco tabs , random coke . Lucozade tables , lucozade , tablets I find so powdery and always end up having a coughing fit ,
At the moment I'm either taking milk , or them mini cans of coke , but i feel as if the mini cans of coke just take me up that little bit too high so I might try drinking 3 quarters of the can instead of the full can , even though like I said they are the mini ones . And then like a rich tea biscuit .
But the jelly babies seem a good idea .

Fingers crossed for you too , that your bm comes down .

Thank you :)

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
Hi Cloe

it is a tricky one ams you do need to work out how much is the right amount for you. I'm like serenede, I would have 3-4 jelly babies. biscuits and chocolate are not recommended as hypo remedies anymore because they are classed as medium GI and won't work quickly enough but you could have something fast acting like some cola and if you can bring your sugar level up enough for that then have a biscuit to make sure it doesn't drop again before your next meal.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Cloe

it is a tricky one ams you do need to work out how much is the right amount for you. I'm like serenede, I would have 3-4 jelly babies. biscuits and chocolate are not recommended as hypo remedies anymore because they are classed as medium GI and won't work quickly enough but you could have something fast acting like some cola and if you can bring your sugar level up enough for that then have a biscuit to make sure it doesn't drop again before your next meal.

Thank you so much for your reply and advice .

Since I've posted this I have fount out what works for me and I'm so happy I have managed to find out what works best .
I have tried different things and finally got it lol !!
I have the mini cans of coke , but only have 3 quarters of the can , so it's about 100ml of coke and just one rich tea biscuit . If I go really low which isn't often atm lol , I will have the full can .

And having this is bringing me back enough to be within target range .

:):):)

aditi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi cloe,

while i was pregnant i used glucose tablets.. just 1.5 or 2 of those.. in non-pregnancy scenarios i would have 3 glucose tablets and a lil more carb like fruit.. or sips of orange juice! but pregnancy works differently and u need to understand that even lesser amount of carbs while pregnant will shoot sugars.. so see what the calculation is for you and stick to it! good luck to you!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi cloe,

while i was pregnant i used glucose tablets.. just 1.5 or 2 of those.. in non-pregnancy scenarios i would have 3 glucose tablets and a lil more carb like fruit.. or sips of orange juice! but pregnancy works differently and u need to understand that even lesser amount of carbs while pregnant will shoot sugars.. so see what the calculation is for you and stick to it! good luck to you!
Hey ,
Thank you so much for the reply , and all the advice given will definitely take all of this on board .
And thank you for the good luck wishes .
Take care. :)