So bleeping angry with my gp!!!!!!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you! I've learnt a lot over this. and am really appreciative of your advice and support. im a lot stronger than I was a week or so ago. so that's a positive too....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
an update: after doing the dafne course and being fully checked over during the week I had to take off of work.....my gp has, once again, refused to give me anymore blood test strips until I have a diabetes check at the surgery....This is dispite me going last week with high bloods and a sore throat/cough. dr told me my bloods were high as I was a badly controlled diabetic and sent me away as if I was wasting his time. ended up in Sunday emergency dr where a chest infection was diagnosed and antibiotics prescribed and with it, my blood sugars dropped.....going to register at new docs this morning but will complain seriously about this gp. what he is doing is wrong and down right dangerous!!!

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well good luck at the new place! I really do hope they help you there. Obviously you NEED test strips! How on earth can you get your diabetes under control without them?! Thinking of you this morning x

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling high, people not understanding the difference between type 1 + 2, those people who dont listen!
Think you have two options - get your local chemist to supply you with say 1 pot of blood test strips and get them to send the bill to your gp surgery. Or ring your consultants secretary,their numbers are always available on websites etc, but explain the situation to him/her and he can write/fax a letter to your gp to get him to see sense. Worth a try as I was also refused blood test strips and this worked for me. Best of luck :)

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Feeling high, people not understanding the difference between type 1 + 2, those people who dont listen!
alternatively what bgm tester are you using I could send you some strips to keep you going? Not the done thing I am sure, but !!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you so much. I have bought one from amazon which has cheap strips....its happened before! but thank you for such a lovely gesture xx

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you so much. I have bought one from amazon which has cheap strips....its happened before! but thank you for such a lovely gesture xx
Ok, well keep me posted, eh?

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
an update: after doing the dafne course and being fully checked over during the week I had to take off of work.....my gp has, once again, refused to give me anymore blood test strips until I have a diabetes check at the surgery....This is dispite me going last week with high bloods and a sore throat/cough. dr told me my bloods were high as I was a badly controlled diabetic and sent me away as if I was wasting his time. ended up in Sunday emergency dr where a chest infection was diagnosed and antibiotics prescribed and with it, my blood sugars dropped.....going to register at new docs this morning but will complain seriously about this gp. what he is doing is wrong and down right dangerous!!!

Oh 'eck ! :( Not again!:banghead:
Change GP's for sure . I thought the buggers had changed their ways after the last episode, but obviously not.
And while you are at it, stick them in the room 101 thread with the liquid evil and other nasties. They deserve it. Big time!

Signy

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
lol....what thread? they really should not be allowed to have type 1 diabetics on their books. I won't use the word treat because they don't!

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Just seen that you're going to register at a new GPs, missed that before, best option, but like you say complain about him if you get the chance. Dare I say it but he sounds like he's thinking of his budget at £25 a pot, not his patients or he thinks you have type 2! just make his life hell if you get the chance !

H

Hooked

You've given this Dr plenty of chances and they've just proven that they are incompetent and a downright danger to your health! Def report them.
I do have to wonder are they deliberately being like this to get rid of diabetics to other practises in order to cut down costs of prescribing to diabetic patients. What he is doing makes no sense regarding management of your health, that's for sure.
Glad to hear you are moving to a diff Dr.

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I completely agree! I've only ever felt discriminated against once since having type 1 for 30 years, and it's by this practice!!!

Reactions: 2 people

sallymac65

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
do you have an appt yet at the new gp? Just bear in mind that your records wont go with you, so you'll have to start from scratch but in your situation, thats no bad thing!

calamitygayn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree! not yet, but the practice gas been recommended to me by my diabetes team.