Not open for further replies.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly no. We've been buying the tescos special offer, then I eat it without the sweet barbecue sauce sachet.

I keep meaning to make my own. Stews, slow cooked joints and melting fall-off-the-bone succulence are far and away my favourite meals. I love lamb like that, with rosemary and red wine, or a whole chicken melted down with lemon and garlic. Pork with prunes and cream (delish with red cabbage, apple and vinegar.

Oops, I seem to be having a salivatory foodie moment...

I will look up the Spice Mens version. :wacky:

Have a look at the ingredients. It's pretty carb friendly really, even with the sugar. : http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pulled_pork_with_66521

Reactions: 2 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
B: Grapefruit, 1/3 C Baked Beans, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Grated Cheese
S: Orange, Macadamia Nuts
L:Beef, Bean & Vegetable Soup, Apple
S: Low Carb Blueberry, Raspberry & Almond Oatbran Muffin
D: Quorn Crispy FIllet, Brussels, Kale, Carrots, Broccolini, Gravy
S: T Yogurt w/Rhubarb, Almonds & Pepitas

Marieukxx

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Marieukxx , it's on page 15 of 'post your recipes here' within the food, nutrition and recipes forum' The cauli bhajee was so delic having it again tomorrow. Enjoy. :happy: x
ahh thanks that's why I couldn't find it, I was looking on age 15 on the low carb recipe thread. Will look tomorrow.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two soft boiled eggs, small slice flaxseed bread toasted- it really is an acquired taste- I've ordered some Sukrin bread as I think that might be nicer
Lunch small tuna and Wensleydale salad
dinner roast pork, runner beans, couple chattenay carrots, gravy, cauli cheese

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two soft boiled eggs, small slice flaxseed bread toasted- it really is an acquired taste- I've ordered some Sukrin bread as I think that might be nicer
Lunch small tuna and Wensleydale salad
dinner roast pork, runner beans, couple chattenay carrots, gravy, cauli cheese

We just made our Sukrin loaf up.
Astonishingly tiny. And if I had cut it into the 'correct' sized slices, they would have been about 3 inches x 1.5 inches x about 1cm!!! (At 1g carb/slice)

But we enjoyed it as toast, and may buy again as a very occasional treat. Shockingly expensive though.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Funny enough I was just reading about that on the amazon website and they do a cake mix too:)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We just made our Sukrin loaf up.
Astonishingly tiny. And if I had cut it into the 'correct' sized slices, they would have been about 3 inches x 1.5 inches x about 1cm!!! (At 1g carb/slice)

But we enjoyed it as toast, and may buy again as a very occasional treat. Shockingly expensive though.

I just want something to dip in my boiled egg. I will just have to have a bigger slice and count it.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just want something to dip in my boiled egg. I will just have to have a bigger slice and count it.
A little on the expensive side but as a treat try sautéed asparagus tips for your dippy egg, or maybe some courgette batons tossed in butter for a minute or so

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A little on the expensive side but as a treat try sautéed asparagus tips for your dippy egg, or maybe some courgette batons tossed in butter for a minute or so

Not sure I could fancy that for my breakfast though at other times of day, yes both sound lovely- I've tried dipping bacon or sausage in but not the same as but of toast. I'll have to eat the flaxseed bread up as I've made it but if I made it again I'd add some almond flour and maybe even a bit of gram flour to lighten it.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Coffee with double cream
Lunch: Fage yoghurt and raspberries
Dinner: Burger, cauliflower, broccoli, portobello mushrooms (Low-carb, high-mushroom)

LCHM.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure I could fancy that for my breakfast though at other times of day, yes both sound lovely- I've tried dipping bacon or sausage in but not the same as but of toast. I'll have to eat the flaxseed bread up as I've made it but if I made it again I'd add some almond flour and maybe even a bit of gram flour to lighten it.
I agree there are times when only toast will do - I am lucky I can have burgen without it affecting my bs

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tbh I've not tried real bread since diagnosis- I fear one slice wouldn't be enough and I find gluten bloats me so hoping the Sukrin stuff is edible.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today:

Bulletproof coffee
70% choc
Brie and scratchings
Peanut 9bar
Grilled salmon steak, apple and cheese salad

May have Strawbs and cream later

One thing about Sukrin bread was the fab fibre content. I miss fibre.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Breakfast: Coffee with double cream
Lunch: Fage yoghurt and raspberries
Dinner: Burger, cauliflower, broccoli, portobello mushrooms (Low-carb, high-mushroom)

View attachment 6692
Where did you get that burger from...looks amazing!?

Today:
B: yogurt, raspberries, chopped mixed nuts
L: salad with salami, gerkhin, olives, boiled egg, cheese and coleslaw.
D: fish pie with cauli mash. Replaced the white sauce with melted Philadelphia, splash of milk and parsley.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today:

Bulletproof coffee
70% choc
Brie and scratchings
Peanut 9bar
Grilled salmon steak, apple and cheese salad

May have Strawbs and cream later

One thing about Sukrin bread was the fab fibre content. I miss fibre.
Yes I feel the fibre might do me some good.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where did you get that burger from...looks amazing!?

Today:
B: yogurt, raspberries, chopped mixed nuts
L: salad with salami, gerkhin, olives, boiled egg, cheese and coleslaw.
D: fish pie with cauli mash. Replaced the white sauce with melted Philadelphia, splash of milk and parsley.
Sainsburys Taste the Difference - Beef Steak & Caramelised Red Onion Burgers - it's a bit carby at 10g per burger but hey it's not everyday

sharlie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Doczoc I had your recipe for my dinner just now, the cabbage and mustard cream. It was delicious. I added two frankfurter sausages chopped up into the mix too.

Breakfast: Nothing to eat as high, just green tea and water.
Lunch: Shakashuka - tinned tomatoes with eggs.
Dinner: Creamy mustard cabbage with frankfurter and a grilled cheese mushroom. Followed by some frozen berries and a bit of cream.

Edit: Had a hypo just after dinner, and the old habbits returned, had a small slice of cake and about 5 biscuits. I hate hypos. Usualy I don't just stop there, I'd keep eating. So I guess this is progress. Bought up a cup of hot Vimto as someone suggested on here. It's quite nice :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Doczoc I had your recipe for my dinner just now, the cabbage and mustard cream. It was delicious. I added two frankfurter sausages chopped up into the mix too.

You have my attention. I did a search on here, but haven't been able to locate the recipe...... Sounds yummy

sharlie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Marco723 It was in the forum of low carb recipes. Basically you put your cabbage (I used a bag of chopped cabbage and leak) into a pan, cover with a small amount of water and cook until only slightly crunchy. Add a glug of cream and a teaspoon of mustard, and stir :D I added some chopped frankfurter the same time as I put the cabbage in. Was lush.

Tastes better than it looks in my photo :D

Attachments

• 1408489150030.jpg
    1408489150030.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 200

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Marco723 It was in the forum of low carb recipes. Basically you put your cabbage (I used a bag of chopped cabbage and leak) into a pan, cover with a small amount of water and cook until only slightly crunchy. Add a glug of cream and a teaspoon of mustard, and stir :D I added some chopped frankfurter the same time as I put the cabbage in. Was lush.

Tastes better than it looks in my photo :D

Thanks! Any particular type of mustard? Whole grain, hot, Dijon?

Status
Not open for further replies.