Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon, scrambled egg, latte, followed by dog walk no 1

Pork scratchings and 4(!) squares of 70% choc

Dog walk no 2, then lump of Sukrin cake with cream and red currants. Interesting.

Roast chicken (skin :wacky:), masses of veg - green beans, cauli cheese, courgettes in caramelised onion and garlic and maybe some more cake

Reactions: 3 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Breakfast - went shopping instead LOL

Lunch - slice Burgen bread with sliced beef, chillies and melted Leerdammer cheese, with salad (delicious)

Dinner - Chicken drumstick with roasted rosemary celeriac and buttered cabbage

Snack - 2 nairns cheese oatcakes with cottage cheese

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How was the Sukrin cake? I was thinking of trying one.
Mr B loved it.

Me? Not so much. The texture was good (heavyish cake) but there was an artificial sweetener aftertaste that lingered.
I've just looked it up and they use erythritol sweetener and sucralose. So. Think it was the sucralose... If you don't mind that, then I would say it is fine.

Mr B has already put another packet onto our next tescos order. He likes cake. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

sharlie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Disaster day. We went for a papa johns pizza for a birthday of a friend. I planned to be good and just have maybe 1 slice and a salad. But I just couldn't stop myself. I had 4 big slices and a salad. I had a cookie afterwards and then some beer, then they stopped and bought dohnuts and ice creams and I ended up with with a cornetto and couldn't resist a dohnuts.. My blood sugar meter is just saying "over 33.3" I counted the carbs and did a dual wave on my pump. But today has been a big fail. Now I'm drinking a ton of water, I could actually drink the ocean right now. Back to square one tomorrow :(

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mr B loved it.

Me? Not so much. The texture was good (heavyish cake) but there was an artificial sweetener aftertaste that lingered.
I've just looked it up and they use erythritol sweetener and sucralose. So. Think it was the sucralose... If you don't mind that, then I would say it is fine.

Mr B has already put another packet onto our next tescos order. He likes cake. :rolleyes:
Thanks - I'm not keen on artificial sweeteners so will give it a miss

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast poached egg, turkey, 1 sausage, tomato , mushrooms
Lunch veg soup and some chopped gammon
Dinner sausage, boiled eggs and two small slices of Sukrin bread ( can't say I like it much better than the flax seed stuff - maybe soft boiled eggs and soldiers are off menu ( I can't tolerate bread all that well aside from BS issues)
Might have few strawbs later

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Breakfast - yogurt with berries and flax seed, babybel

Lunch - ham and egge salad with 1 slice Burgen bread

Dinner - 2 portabello mushrooms stuffed with garlic and soft cheese with roasted butternut squash

Snack - half an egg muffin (that's like an omelette but served in a muffin case)

Oh and can I just say...finally...got under 20 stone today. yes I know that;s still bigger than most of you but it is over 7 years since I weighed less than 20 stone. So...woot...woot!

Reactions: 12 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - yogurt with berries and flax seed, babybel

Lunch - ham and egge salad with 1 slice Burgen bread

Dinner - 2 portabello mushrooms stuffed with garlic and soft cheese with roasted butternut squash

Snack - half an egg muffin (that's like an omelette but served in a muffin case)

Oh and can I just say...finally...got under 20 stone today. yes I know that;s still bigger than most of you but it is over 7 years since I weighed less than 20 stone. So...woot...woot!
Well done @Loobles, great achievement. x

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Egg, flat mushroom grilled with butter, bacon

No lunch (not hungry :wideyed:)

3 pieces dark choc. Delish. Very mild and smooth. Only realised it was 55% after eating. :sour:

Fresh, utterly divine salmon steak. Another chunk Sukrin cake with cherries and double cream

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In transit on my way to Cebu the Philippines I foolishly ate a bread roll on the plane with breakfast I got a reading of 10.8 afterwards feel gutted should have known better. Small bread roll it was, bread rolls or bread of any kind and my blood sugar are sworn enemies. ......never again

Reactions: 6 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Tried one of modesty007's bullet coffee this morning, 40g coc oil and 45g butter, they are really tasty, superb for my BG but I did get a sick tummy too much fat feeling for an hour after, will try again tomorrow

Lunch pepparami and salad

Dinner pork chop with peas and broccoli
Nut balls are back on the menu, missed these little fellas when on holiday :)

Anyone had a c-peptide test and did you have to pay/how much ?
Considering asking with my hba1c as I'm curious what pancreas is doing, any thoughts ?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried one of modesty007's bullet coffee this morning, 40g coc oil and 45g butter, they are really tasty, superb for my BG but I did get a sick tummy too much fat feeling for an hour after, will try again tomorrow

Lunch pepparami and salad

Dinner pork chop with peas and broccoli
Nut balls are back on the menu, missed these little fellas when on holiday :)

Anyone had a c-peptide test and did you have to pay/how much ?
Considering asking with my hba1c as I'm curious what pancreas is doing, any thoughts ?

I have neither had a c-peptide, or used this bunch: http://privatebloodtests.co.uk/epag...ts_co_uk/Products/INSC&ViewAction=ViewProduct

However, it seems quite a simple and efficient way of doing it. I used the site as a comparison when I was paying for bloods overseas.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's obviously a commercial rate, with both the Spire Hospital and the website needing to make a profit from your fee. I don't know what your practise pays the NHS.

I've thought about having the test, but whilst my HbA1cs are pretty good, I'll save my pocket money. In your shoes, using insulin, I would be inclined to make a case for the test, on the basis I would want an idea of what I could potentially achieve if I really went hard core, as opposed to a balance of hard core diet and your sometimes more relaxed (?) lifestyle. I could speculate there's a case for it, but it depends how much work you're willing to put into preparing your argument and whether, deep down, you feel you might be chancing it.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bf. Bran flakes, ss milk and one boiled egg.
lunch. Homemade veg soup, one boiled egg.
dinner. Shepherds pie with cauli and butternut squash mash -yum!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast three strawbs and spoonful yogurt
Snack cheese slice turkey
Late lunch fish and chips ( out for day) ate all the fish which had very thin batter on and as it was haddock had skin which I left and a small handful of not very nice chips 7.1 at 2hrs so ok but can't say I'd do it again as I felt really hungry straight away and wanted to eat the rest of chips.
Dinner/ supper may have some veg soup

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
That's obviously a commercial rate, with both the Spire Hospital and the website needing to make a profit from your fee. I don't know what your practise pays the NHS.

I've thought about having the test, but whilst my HbA1cs are pretty good, I'll save my pocket money. In your shoes, using insulin, I would be inclined to make a case for the test, on the basis I would want an idea of what I could potentially achieve if I really went hard core, as opposed to a balance of hard core diet and your sometimes more relaxed (?) lifestyle. I could speculate there's a case for it, but it depends how much work you're willing to put into preparing your argument and whether, deep down, you feel you might be chancing it.

Many thanks for your advice, much appreciated, I will certainly push for one, my hba1c's have been good of late (48 last) but I really want better and more understanding of the source of problem, well I pushed for a fasting blood which she was adamant I cannot have being on insulin ( want to know my cholesterol levels ) but after 5 mins of persuasion she caved in, so fingers crossed!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: mushroom omelette, ketchup

Lunch: a plum, 1 oz cheddar, creamy decaf

Dinner: a mishmash of courgettes, mixed beans, feta and herbs baked in the oven. 85% chocolate

Got plums from my sister's tree. At 8g carbs per plum, they are a luxury, but it would be rude to refuse free plums :)

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.