Excellent Low Carb Bread Recipe - Super Quick!

Suave

Hi All,

I tried a LC Bread recipe from a you tube site and I have to say, I am really very impressed - this is the VERY BEST of all the variious ones I have tried in tems of texture and actually feels almost identical to real bread! It is super quick with no long or complicated procedures and no worries about how it might turn out! Here is what you do:
(For one large Roll)

1 Egg
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Splenda/Stevia/Sweetener to taste (about 1/2 teaspoon)
1/3 Cup Carbquik
1/3 Cup Finely Ground Flaxseed
1/2 Teaspoon Salt (Optional)
1 or 2 Tablespoons of milk
(Cinnamon, Herbs, Garlic powders etc optional)

Just mix all ingredients together (add egg last) and mix into paste. Put mix into a small lightly greased container that will give the shape of a bun) and then just microwave for around a minute or so and that's it! Allow to cool a little to get rid of any excess steam and enjoy! It really turns out great!!

I made a loaf as well just by multiplying the above quantities and micro-waving for about 6 mins in a plastic loaf shaped container - turned out fantastic! If you find it too flaxy, you cab just reduce the flax and add more carbquik - I will next be trying the same and reducing the flax and adding some fine coconut flour and see how that turns out! I hope this helps folks!

Suave!

sixfoot

Suave ....... Please be a real Gem tells us what portion size you ate and what your meter reading was after 2hrs.

Thanks
Dave P

Suave

Hi Dave,

I am so very sorry but I am not actually diabetic yet - the reason I posted on these forums is that I have put on a ton of weight and restarting my low carb diet to try and lose some. I started looking at this web-site as my doctor told me unless I lose weight and start eating healthily, that I risked a very good chance of becoming diabetic which scared me into taking action. If I can be of any further help, please let me know!

Suave!

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Welcome Suave, I'm in a similar position to you - I found this site because my mum and gran has/had type 2 (and both went blind because of it) and when I did a one-off test last year my sugar levels were over 8. Suffice it to say, that shocked me into action and I started losing weight. 9 months on, I've lost over a stone (5 lbs to go until target!) my blood pressure is back to normal and my blood sugar levels are now resolutely non-diabetic (excusing the occasional blip - take a bow christmas!) I can without a doubt say you've come to the right place. This fantastic bunch helped me through some very bad times (my dad died suddenly in September and my auntie has been diagnosed with terminal cancer) and I can honestly say I wouldn't be in the position i am now without them. Once again welcome,

Bubsy