Losing Weight

rikmg67

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, my first post!

I would like to lose weight! Easier said than done I know.

Can anyone recommend a suitable diet for people with Type 2 please?

Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Meals, Snacks?

Thanks,
Richard

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Losing weight is hard, I have struggled for years with it. My success has come in the last few months since I got a Blood Glucose meter and instead of counting calories, I started counting carbs and eating to my meter. So far this year I have lost 1 stone 12lb and most of that has been in the last four months since I got my meter.

Since you are here I am guessing that you have diabetes so it might be an option for you if you are looking for slow steady weight loss that isn't too restrictive.

Others will be along soon with advise pointed to more specific diet plans, hopefully you will find one that suits you.

Reactions: 4 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
this is going off topic and probably deserves its own thread, but does the LCHF diet have lots of saturated fat in it, or is it the good kind........

does cholesterol go up at any stage of the diet.........?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, my first post!

Thanks,
Richard

Hi Richard and welcome to the forum,

Before we all start confusing you about what to eat and not to eat, perhaps you could give us an idea of a current typical day's food and drink, what meds you are on if any, and what your HbA1c is?

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, my first post!

Thanks,
Richard
Hi, this might help
atkins induction diet, free on web, meal plans, shopping list and recipes
https://www.google.com.au/#q=atkins+induction+diet

read and watch video
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
carbs aren't easy to give up
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbliving/a/Food-Cravings.htm

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have lost 2 stone....really thrilled with the results as I am nearly at the point of no longer being a diabetic. I have watched "fat sick and nearly dead" on utube and superjuiceme by Jason Vale and yes I juiced and I feel amazing. Havent done any major exercise just walking. I did the 28 day plan and I am going to juice but also eat healthy meals....my bp is down to 110/70 and my skin is amazing.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. You asked whether the LCHF diet has lots of saturated fat in it? The key is the LC aspect which means keeping all carbs down to a sensibly low level which will vary from person to person. When you go low-carb you will need to increase both proteins and fats to provide the energy and other essential nutrients you need. The HF is therefore slightly confusing. Fats are generally better if unsaturated such as fish oil and so on. Blood cholesterol is not directly related to the fats you eat so don't worry about that. Your annual diabetes check should tell you what your cholesterol is and you should find it doesn't change much and may even go down.

Scouser58

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello to all, I have also been thinking about the lchf diet, and wondered about the cholesteral levels. So now my thoughts are now more on the diet. Yes I have been trying tolose weight, and not having any success, and the victoza is not helping, slowing down food transit, as my stomach has decided to gow really slow and keep everthing for as long as it can, (not nice), opening medicine is now another thing to take!!!. So to all those who are trying for the weight loss and to those who are winning (lucky peeps), onwards and forwards, ttfn