NOT WELL !!!

hazey276

Got the dreaded lurgy. Last 3 days can't get readings below 18, (averaging 24 ish) due to stomach upset (vomiting, chronic headache etc) Half the staff and kids at school have gone down with it as well. Rang my wonderful GP yesterday evening and he said "that's what happens when you are diabetic and you're ill, you'll just have to see it through" (**** bag he is), no advice what so ever. So can't eat and feel like i've been run over by a bus. Just lost the will to live at present and don't care what happens.

Thanks for listening !!!!!! :( :( :( :(

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
GP should have said:
Take 2 Paracetemol every 4 hrs, plenty of hot drinks and lots of rest till symptoms subside.
NEXT !!!

Personally I prefer to go to bed with a glass of single malt and just sleep it off. :lol:
Hope you are better soon.

Ken

Aadrgon

Hi Hazey

Sorry you are feeling so rough. I dont know if anyone on here can offer you any advice to make you feel better or for your high BG but I can sympathise and wish you well.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya hazey,
sorry your not well, hope u feel better soon :)

sandymaynard

Hi hazey,
Sorry to hear you are not well, Question for you, are you taking flu pill's or cold pill's? if you are these will shoot your blood sugar's way high, did that myself over the last few day's!
Since then taken 2 paracematol's, a trick i have found if my blood sugar's are up there is two way's that i have found playing with things to bring them down!
Drink 2 glasses of cold water! baked bean's with wholemeal bread!
You say that you are feeling sick! Poor you. i hate being like that!
Your best bet is try to rest as much as possable, try to eat even if something small, because i found by not eating my blood sugar's went up because of not being well!
Hope you start feeling better soon
Take it easy,
Sandy

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Bg goes up with any infection. Make sure you don't dehydrate. Sip water every 20 minutes or so.
If you can increase your medicine, now would probably be a good time to do it

Tinkerbelly

Hazey

For stomach bugs etc, take your usual basal insulin but also do a correction with your bolus insulin to get the high bg down. Even though you don't feel like eating anything, you've still got to give yourself some insulin. Sip plenty of boiled water from kettle (left to cool down). That should help you get rid of the bug and stop you from being dehydrated. If you can, try to eat a very small amount of plain toast without any butter etc on it or if you cant stomach that, drink some lucozade if your bg starts to get towards being lowish.

Hope you feel better within the next few days.