thrush

petunia23

hi am a newly diagnosed diabetic and suffer constant bouts of oral thrush, my doctor will alter my medication soon but has antone got any god home remedies for it itd truly awfull :lol: :lol:

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
As your BG falls to normal levels then thrush should be less of a problem. Canesten usually helps: see your doc.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
FergusCrawford said:
As your BG falls to normal levels then thrush should be less of a problem. Canesten usually helps: see your doc.

Not in the mouth it wont!!

Ive alwarys heard plain natural youg helps restore balance and the like, maybe worth a try?

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
sorry, missed the oral, applied my foot orally . Still see doc for an antifungal.

beetle

Dislikes
sitting inside on my bum
HI
I didnt know that thrush comes from high BGL's ? Is that right? or low ones?
I got it too and always wondered why i got it.
Beetle

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
beetle said:
HI
Beetle
Apparently the higher BG makes us a better food source for the fungals(think of fusty jam :oops: )

beetle

Dislikes
sitting inside on my bum
****** yes Fergus Crawford that makes sense!
I just ate chocolate,...... I had a really bad week and just craved it soooo badly...I actually fed the fungie then! Oh boy. .Sorry pancreas. :oops:

LittleWolf

Yup high blood sugar makes us a warm, tasty place for the fungi to have a party.

Natural yoghurt (NO SUGAR!) is great eaten or if its in your lady parts.... Well you can directly apply it too... Stops the burning/itch almost immediately.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Stops the burning/itch almost immediately.

Even better out of the fridge. Also i managed to get thrush in my ear at one point, dunno how...

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
And gentlemen, remember to pay for it and leave the store before applying it... :oops:
Or ye'll get barred from Tesco :lol:

Reactions: 2 people

pinkiepunksmummy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Peanut Butter!
Petunia, have you been to the doctor? I have got oral thrush at the moment and have been prescribed Nystatin. It is working, the burning and soreness has gone and thrush is mostly cleared up now, I still have a couple of days of treatment left though.

petunia23

beetle said:
HI
Beetle
you find that its when its high, i still havent got mine stable yet

petunia23

hi thanks for your replies on oral thrush, has anyone tried any goog mouth gels for this probem, i tried daktarin sudar free ot much good

KANG TOM

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
MY DOCTOR HAS PRESCRIBED NYSTATIN "SWISH AND SWALLOW" FOR THE THRUSH IN MY MOUTH. IT MUST HAVE SUGAR IN IT BECAUSE MY BLOOD GLUCOSE SHOT WAY UP. ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH SWISH AND SWALLOW AND BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS? WE LIVE IN A REMOTE AREA SO FINDING ANOTHER DOCTOR IS ALSO REMOTE. MY FASTING BLOOD GLUCOSE WAS GOOD BEFORE. ANYONE HAVE ADVICE ON AN ALTERNATIVE TO SWISH AND SWALLOW?

Saber

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cucumber
I was given Nystatin. And just took it cos my mouth was so sore. I also get a lot of Candidia below and Fluconazole helps all over. This is given in different doses but you can get 1 x 150mg tablet which works for 7 days. Very good. Combining with Daktarin Vaginal Cream for women works and there is a cream which works for men and women.
The gp is concerned that I have to keep having these meds because my diabetes is very brittle and goes out of control a lot. She says there will come a time when they wont work anymore.
They always tell you this but research into this problem is zero. What am I supposed to do?