I have problems with cellulitis and oedema due to me not being able to walk far

Saber

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cucumber
I have problems with cellulitis and oedema due to me not being able to walk far due to diabetic neuropathy in my feet and lower legs. I am currently panicking because I cannot get the cellulitis under control and keep having to have antibiotics. I am really scared because I also have made it worse because I reacted to something allergically and scratched my leg. Now the cellulitis is really worse.
I feel panicky because nobody seems to care in the medical world and just look at you as though its my own fault the diabetes is brittle and the hospital was going to support me by putting me on stronger insulin. I now just feel after waiting half a year that they are all uncaring and its depressing. I feel like I am the only one who cares what is happening and want it to go back to normal. I am 51 and have had diabetes for 30 years.

Reactions: Dearbhla

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry you're feeling unwell and a bit let down with this problem. I don't have any advice about the problems you mentioned, but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help and advise.
I don't understand why you are having to wait? Can't you go to your GP or call the surgery and ask to talk to your GP and say exactly what you've said in your post? It's not on for you to be waiting like this for proper treatment and support.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, Saber,
Where are all the posters on cellulitis?!
I hope you're feeling ok today, and that you'll give your doctor a call if you can't get to the surgery. It sounds like you need more support that you're getting. Brittle diabetes must be making it very difficult for you to keep your blood sugars where they need to be in order for your infection to heal quickly.

Saber

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Cucumber
I managed to go and she gave me antibiotic cream. So I am taking oral antibiotics and this. I just hate how long it takes to shift an infection.
Thanks to you who listened to me yesterday. It was great support and stopped me being so scared.
I asked my doctor why but she just said nothing. And you know the hospital should be more supportive. In the old days they were so much more supportive. You never got left for months on end.Or maybe it is being in the city.

Reactions: 3 people