Diabetes Cases

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Like the case that I viewed on FB. Is there any wadding in it for a bit of meter protection? You website link doesn't work for me.

iHs

Since I have been using a pump, I do a bg test fairly frequently which means doing one when I am out at a supermarket or walking around the shops. Often the cases supplied by the bg manufacturers are big and bulky and usually need to be opened up and laid flat on something so its not always easy to do a bg test discretely.

Can I suggest that you think about manufacturing cases that will accommodate different bg meters and will also enable a certain bg finger pricker to go along side it and then by putting a small amount of bg teststrips at the top in a very small container, diabetics would then be able to more or less do a bg test wherever they may be (more or less one handed). I use a mobile phone wallet which I have adapted to take my bg meter, finger pricker alongside, teststrips at the top and it works very well and when doing a bg test, it often looks as though I am using a mobile phone to send a text message and no one is really any the wiser.

gennalee

Thanks for suggestion I think that's a good idea, I have designed mine to open up with all my pens but yes still have to put it down somewhere to test. Especially annoying at fast food stalls or at festivals etc where you just want a quick bite standing...I will do a few designs and put them on my fb page if you would give me your feedback?

Please like my facebook link http://facebook.com/gennaleedesigns then you'll get the pics when I post them

Thanks

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Now ordered with Gennalee. Lovely designs and colours so encourage others to take a peek at her cases. :thumbup:

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
they look great gennalee , I;ve LIKED your page for future reference... :)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Mine is in daily use and many colleagues and friends have commented on how lovely it is. For me, the looks are important but also functionality and my little case is brill. Also bought a matching small purse which holds 1 spare battery, a few microlets, couple of spare needles and a spare tub of test strips. Like another thread mentions, I just wish that the strip pots could be made smaller - there's no need for them to be this size.

shaunalisaxx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Clowns, Rats/Mice, Needles & Blood Tests.
This is gorgeous! My meter looks different to the one you've used in the picture, I use glucomen x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App