Diabetes education

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
Fair comments - I am not sure explained what I am trying to say. I am not in a good place right now - but when someone asks advice on food and is told pizza ok I just thought it was bad. If I do not know answer I refer people on somewhere. If I had not known or researchered I could merrily eating pizzas, that as all point out is individual choice but to newbie.... I do not expect pure medical advice and often joined in many posts of all types. I think this post needs to close as obviously unintentionally antagonistic, didn't intend that too much on my plate right now

K

Kat100

Some good advice about information here ...no need to,close it ....it is a reminder to all , that people here can only offer their support through their own experiences ....don't think that is confusing to all ....
Whether new to this or not we all need assistance at times ....

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I personally have found that the questions, ideas, advice or just thoughts given by people through these forums have enabled me to understand what living with diabetes is all about. There is so much information on the internet sometimes its had to see the wood for the trees - here I have read about things based on real life...and there is much to be learned from the experiences of others.

Reactions: 5 people

MAGGYNHERKY

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The only thing of any use my DN gave me when I was diagnosed in July was to try Diabetes UK for advice. I initially bought an Aviva meter and strips that were £29 a pop, I read on the forums that Codefree are the cheapest so I have now gone onto these, I have bought myself a really nice bound and lined workbook and try every day to write down a LCHF recipe that I would use from the Recipe forum (and use the recipes). I have learnt to eat to my meter because of advice on the forums. By going LCHF I have lost 5lbs, and I have always found it nigh on impossible to lose weight (by being a carb and sugar lover). Initially my reaction to being told I had diabetes was despair, what would I eat? Most of the advice and information I have learnt to enable me to manage my diabetes, get my bs to acceptable levels etc has come from these forums, and I for one am truly grateful for all the information that people have taken the time to post.

G

graj0

To me, the forum is like Google but with a personality. You type a question and any number of different sources will give you an answer. Some may be bang on, some may be complete rubbish and, very much like Google, some will make you wish you hadn't bothered in the first place and have you running the see Dr. [insert surname here] like you should done from the beginning.

noun: forum;
  1. a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Nicely put. I appreciate everything that I've been told, I'm sure nobody minds if I look for a other opinions, on this forum, and elsewhere.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just a gentle reminder that this forum is DCUK, Diabetes.Co.UK; this forum is not DUK, Diabetes UK. DUK is the big charity with billions of cash, formerly known as the British Diabetic Association. This forum here is just a plucky band of rugged individuals trying to make a difference. :)

Reactions: 2 people

MAGGYNHERKY

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just a gentle reminder that this forum is DCUK, Diabetes.Co.UK; this forum is not DUK, Diabetes UK. DUK is the big charity with billions of cash, formerly known as the British Diabetic Association. This forum here is just a plucky band of rugged individuals trying to make a difference. :)

It was diabetes.co.uk that I was advised to look at by my DN, which is why I came to this site....................and therefore found the forum

Reactions: 2 people