Shirataki noodles !

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A zucchini is much cheaper and makes much better low carb pasta. I think. Easy to grow too.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Save your money ...they were awful :-(
Thanks for the review :) Bean sprouts are good in a stir fry instead of noodles.

I watched the guy from bare naked noodles on Dragons' Den the other night on iplayer. The product looked horrible, his presentation was painful, but he got the money :confused:

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
A zucchini is much cheaper and makes much better low carb pasta. I think. Easy to grow too.
What do you use to cut it in to strips Totto ? I should have a few courgettes (Zucchini) ready in the green house next week

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the review :) Bean sprouts are good in a stir fry instead of noodles.

I watched the guy from bare naked noodles on Dragons' Den the other night on iplayer. The product looked horrible, his presentation was painful, but he got the money :confused:

Bean sprouts are 13 grms of carb per cup Avocado .I was hoping these 0 carb noodles might be a good filler even though I'm not fond of noodles ...ahhhh well .Back to the drawing board :facepalm:

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What do you use to cut it in to strips Totto ? I should have a few courgettes (Zucchini) ready in the green house next week
8871744471070.jpg

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Bean sprouts are 13 grms of carb per cup Avocado .I was hoping these 0 carb noodles might be a good filler even though I'm not fond of noodles ...ahhhh well .Back to the drawing board :facepalm:
You must have a big cup! :eek:

Sainsburys per 100g = 0.7g carbs
Tesco per 100g = 3.7g carbs

The value is not exactly clear, but somewhere between the two I reckon.

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried the slim water ones and we're not as bad as another brand I tasted ages ago

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Totto

Ahhh ...Guess I'll just have to use a knife .

Sorry @Avocado Sevenfold :oops: I trusted google but the one site i picked must have had it wrong .

Some people use a julienne peeler Susie. I know Lakeland do one.

Personally, when I want courgette ribbons, for whatever reason, I peel (or don't) the courgette and cut into rough quarters, length-wise. Remove the watery centre and seeds, then use a potato peeler to create the long thin strips. There's a little waste at the end, unless you're brave with your fingers. I'm not that brave.

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried the slim water ones and we're not as bad as another brand I tasted ages ago

I can only imagine how bad the other ones must have tasted then claymic .:eek:...I just chewed and chewed and they would not disappear .They were the slim water ones from H&B .I also found them incredibly hard to swallow and had to pull strands out of my throat !

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I can only imagine how bad the other ones must have tasted then claymic .:eek:...I just chewed and chewed and they would not disappear .They were the slim water ones from H&B .I also found them incredibly hard to swallow and had to pull strands out of my throat !
Oh poor you. No that is not pleasant. I never eat them on their own or with other dry food. Usually have them with a bologna sauce

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh poor you. No that is not pleasant. I never eat them on their own or with other dry food. Usually have them with a bologna sauce

I made a sauce with creme fraiche and melted some cheese in but it didn't help .I'm trying the rice tonight *gulp* I'd already bought it so I'll see if thats better *crosses fingers * :D