Type 2 - Backsliding (and weird dream)

Tron2112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was diagnosed in January 2013 with an HbA1c of 67. I read as much as I could, followed advice from this forum, went super cautious right away. Stopped eating cereal, most wheat products, pastries, and most sweets and gave up my beloved lager. In three months I had it down to 44 and three months after that down to 40 and told not to come back for another six months. Started this year with another 40, again, was told don't come back for another six months.

Most recent result: 44. This is what doctors would still class as "normal". But although I was not happy to see the number increasing I was not surprised. I have been allowing treats and beer to creep back into my diet. Somehow I have gotten lax with control. Not testing as vigilantly.

I even had a dream which I think represented my backward loss of control. I dreamt I was backing the car out of a parking space but my feet would not move to the brake as I was backing up. It was like they were paralysed. I could see where I needed to press but my foot would not go there. When I did press it HARD nothing happened. The car kept rolling backward. I woke before it bumped into the building that was behind me.

A literal wake up call if I ever had one! Does anyone else get warning dreams when their numbers are increasing?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A literal wake up call if I ever had one! Does anyone else get warning dreams when their numbers are increasing?

No but I also got a low reading followed by slightly higher ones. Nothing like the first one though so things are going well. I put it down to the original enthusiasm wearing off a bit but I am still amazed by what I can do if I just avoid flour and sugar.

Tron2112

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No but I also got a low reading followed by slightly higher ones. Nothing like the first one though so things are going well. I put it down to the original enthusiasm wearing off a bit but I am still amazed by what I can do if I just avoid flour and sugar.

Yep. Need to get that original enthusiasm back. I like my legs and eyesight and want to keep them as long as I live.

I fear for someone I know who is type 2 and calls herself "stumpy" already. She seems to take it for granted that she will one day lose her legs.