Yummy low carb food find!

Samanthacxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey!

I'm sure most of you probably know about this one, but I was rather excited, so I thought I would share it.

I went into m&s for my strawberries and I found a pack of chicken pakora. The nutritional information is 2.2grams of carbs per 100grams (which is the full pack!). I filled my basket with many packs!

Yummy!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Do love strawberries and chicken but M & S isn't the cheapest of shops to buy your food from, although the quality is very good.

Enjoy your lunch:)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Do love strawberries and chicken but M & S isn't the cheapest of shops to buy your food from, although the quality is very good.

Enjoy your lunch:)

Your right M&S are very expensive compared with most other supermarkets but their chicken pakora's are exceptionally good Nigel, second to none in fact.

We go to a local M&S just to buy them, buying 3 or 4 packs at a time and freeze them :)

Samanthacxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't shop in M&S normally, but I can't get strawberries in Asda or Tesco anymore :(. Although the strawberries are actually cheaper in M&S.

The chicken pakora was brilliant, £2 for a pack and you get four quite good sized pieces. Good for a snack I guess :).

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Your right M&S are very expensive compared with most other supermarkets but their chicken pakora's are exceptionally good Nigel, second to none in fact.

We go to a local M&S just to buy them, buying 3 or 4 packs at a time and freeze them :)

I'll remortgage the house and go and buy the chicken pakora's ;)

Reactions: 3 people

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey!

I'm sure most of you probably know about this one, but I was rather excited, so I thought I would share it.

I went into m&s for my strawberries and I found a pack of chicken pakora. The nutritional information is 2.2grams of carbs per 100grams (which is the full pack!). I filled my basket with many packs!

Yummy!

Sounds great !! Will have to make a trip .I am in need of low carb snacks ! Thank you :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
I don't shop in M&S normally, but I can't get strawberries in Asda or Tesco anymore :(. Although the strawberries are actually cheaper in M&S.

Have you got an Aldi store near you? if so they're still selling strawberries and at a very good price compared to the other major chain supermarkets. :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Another M&S meal I found to be low carb and delicious are their Coconut Lemongrass & Kaffir Lime Chicken Breast Escalopes which are 3.7g carbs per 100g so at 300g a packet that makes two escalopes 5.5g carbs.

Two escalopes + two Pakoras with a spoonful of basmati rice, delicious.

kaffirchicken.jpg

Mrs Bonkers is currently investigating a home made version which if successful I shall post up.