Need a diabetic bump buddy 29+2

slc1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's hard to get the balance between hypos and stability isn't it when your pregnant. I'm trying to eat as little amount of carbs as possible especially in a morning as this is when I have the big spikes. I can tolerate more carbs in the afternoon but still get lots of unexpected hypos. I just try and check as much as possible as sometimes I miss the warning signs and don't start to feel it while about 2.5 so just be careful with that. Slc I've got a 4 year old too but wasn't on an insulin pump with that pregnancy and I am now, I thought my control was good with my first but the pump has made my control much much better. Are you on a pump or do you inject?

Well I'm 35+2 and baby was measuring really big at 32 weeks, his growth has slowed down though now and he seems to be steadily growing on a normal growth line which I'm so happy about. Fingers crossed if he stays growing steadily I will get as close to 38 weeks as possible, hoping to go into natural labour but not holding my breath!!
Hiya thanks for the reply. The first 12 weeks I couldn't get it to go above 6 and now the opposite! Consultant said baby is formed its just high blood sugars make it get too big. Can only.do our best though! Good luck im aiming for 36 due to previous problems not diabetes related x

slc1988

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh im on pump have been for years how was your glucose when u changed over? X

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's good your already on a pump, I'm still amazed how much of a difference it's made to my levels I've only been on mine around 15 weeks. When I found out I was pregnant my hba1c was 8% and at 28 weeks (after 8 weeks on pump) it was 6.3%. I had been on a break from trying to get pregnant as I was getting married so my hba1c was slightly higher than I'd have liked it to be but things happened much quicker than I'd planned! What's your hba1c do you know? Tbh they're not really interested though in my hba1c whilst I've been pregnant it was me pushing for it done out of curiosity to see what it was lol

Pregnancy is a real roller coaster with your diabetes isn't it, you just think you have cracked the basal and ratios then again they change lol I think between 12-20 weeks my requirements stayed pretty stable so fingers crossed yours will too. I am struggling with consistency at the minute things can be very different day to day which is hard to adapt round x

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't think I ever updated this. Had a baby boy at 36+2 after static growth between 32-36 weeks he was estimated 5lb 6 but was 7lb 3. Had steroids pre birth but was in die gal care 10 days due to breathing problems at birth and low blood sugars. He's 4 weeks old now though and doing brilliantly. Good luck to all of you still pregnant x

aditi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't think I ever updated this. Had a baby boy at 36+2 after static growth between 32-36 weeks he was estimated 5lb 6 but was 7lb 3. Had steroids pre birth but was in die gal care 10 days due to breathing problems at birth and low blood sugars. He's 4 weeks old now though and doing brilliantly. Good luck to all of you still pregnant x

K8tie! Congratulations this is lovely lovely news! touchwood! I am 33 weeks now.. sugars are under better control.. my doc says don't change quantities and meal timings will help regulate the fluctuations better. Its seems to be working for me! just hoping and praying it all goes well :)

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad things have got abit easier for you, good luck with the rest if the pregnancy keep us updated. Don't want to scare anyone with my story so thought Id add, had a much better experience with my first who was born at 37 weeks with no problems at all no trips to special care x

Moaney

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow congrats!!! :D I'm 34 weeks and baby weighing around 6lbs but they seem quite happy with her so far!! It's scares u tho how they can get things wrong huh!! I was in for fluid scan and they had my fluids at 4.7cm so they and we were panicked. They did another 2 scans later on in the day and it was normal both times. Scary biscuits!! What did u name ur little bundle?! So nice to hear he is all well!! :) X x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So glad all is well with you, not be long for you now!! Hope things stay running smoothly for you! Weve called him Freddie, his big sister picked it for him, I'm absolutely smitten with him can't believe he's mine xx

aditi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hello everybody!

even i never happened to post on this group! we had a baby girl on 25th july! baby weight was normal touchwood.. got induced at 38 week completion but baby was in absolutely no hurry to come out.. induction failed and ended in a c section.. pls pls.. don't mean to scare any of you.. just sharing my story!

thankfully by god's grace.. all is well.. and we have a beautiful child.. all that anybody cares about :) just be strict on your diet.. keep 3-4 things that u have .. don't waiver.. and check often! it will be over in no time! and while ur breastfeeding the insulin requirements go down drastically.. that s when you can freely have a bigger BITE of that lovely chocolate without having to take an additional dose! good luck you all!

K8tie_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations well done you've done brilliant, my little man is now 15 weeks and on the 50th percentile so still doing brill bless him x