i am 170cm 66kg 19age
thankyou!!!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You're skinny now but you can be skinnier if that what you want to be, I know the pressure some teens feel

The main thing is you keep your BG in range and don't lose weight by making yourself sick by skipping insulin aka early DKA

Cut carbs to 30g of carbs from a lot of leafy veg
you need more protein, 50g or 200cal
Fat don't make you fat, it gives energy (coconut oil olive oil)

www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Don't eat grain or grain product

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, you could turn the 4% fat to muscle? a little resistance training maybe, and i would be surprised if whatever is measuring your body fat is accurate to such a degree, i know the machine i used in the gym was not, it couldnt even decide how tall i was let alone what was on the inside, as the numbers varied i used to do it often and disregard the numbers i didnt like lol

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a close friend with a sports science degree and who is a personal trainer. We were discussing body fat the other day and she said that she would never help someone work toward 10% body fat as it is an extremely unhealthy position for your body to be in.

Are you make or female? Apparently for women a low body fat % will mean your body eventually stops having periods and you cannot get pregnant. I'd that doesn't tell you it's unhealthy I don't know what will!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 4 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
depends what you are trying to achieve, what's the rationale for 10% as a target.

For short distance road racing and short time trialling on the bike, any excess weight is slowing you down, even more noticeable on the hills. If it's an athletic reason, get a coach to help you and do it properly, understand how it will affect performance etc.

If it's aesthetics, I'd look at increasing muscle mass first, even with low bpdy fat, you won't have that 6-pack if there's no muscle there to start.

testid000000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're skinny now but you can be skinnier if that what you want to be, I know the pressure some teens feel

The main thing is you keep your BG in range and don't lose weight by making yourself sick by skipping insulin aka early DKA

www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

www.dietdoctor.com/lchf

Thank you so much for your advice! I will try to cut some carbo, add more protein and see if this works. And will definitely keep my BG in range. :)

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lower your carbs and calories less to what you consume per day = you will loose weight.

Do more exercise to burn calories including building muscle = You will loose fat and gain weight in muscle = more toned muscle defined body. And be slimmer.

All good :)

Reactions: 2 people

testid000000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi, you could turn the 4% fat to muscle? a little resistance training maybe, and i would be surprised if whatever is measuring your body fat is accurate to such a degree, i know the machine i used in the gym was not, it couldnt even decide how tall i was let alone what was on the inside, as the numbers varied i used to do it often and disregard the numbers i didnt like lol

Yeah, I agree it's not easy to measure body fat... Those were just estimates. But yeah, I will see if doing more resistance training can help. Thanks so much! :)

testid000000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a close friend with a sports science degree and who is a personal trainer. We were discussing body fat the other day and she said that she would never help someone work toward 10% body fat as it is an extremely unhealthy position for your body to be in.

Are you make or female? Apparently for women a low body fat % will mean your body eventually stops having periods and you cannot get pregnant. I'd that doesn't tell you it's unhealthy I don't know what will!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

I am a guy! Yeah,10% maybe really too low... I will think about it. Thank you so much for the tips! :)

testid000000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
depends what you are trying to achieve, what's the rationale for 10% as a target.

For short distance road racing and short time trialling on the bike, any excess weight is slowing you down, even more noticeable on the hills. If it's an athletic reason, get a coach to help you and do it properly, understand how it will affect performance etc.

If it's aesthetics, I'd look at increasing muscle mass first, even with low bpdy fat, you won't have that 6-pack if there's no muscle there to start.

I will try these, thank you so much for the tips!

testid000000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lower your carbs and calories less to what you consume per day = you will loose weight.

Do more exercise to burn calories including building muscle = You will loose fat and gain weight in muscle = more toned muscle defined body. And be slimmer.

All good :)

Great, hope I can make a difference by following these tips. So much to learn about have a balanced diet and the right amount of exercise. Thank you!

Kathryn_Southern

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Insulin
My husband is a doctor and according to him, even though it can be pretty difficult to lose weight if you're a diabetes patient, it is not totally impossible provided you keep in mind some of the most typical but tried and tested formulae such as:
1. Never skip breakfast. Breakfast is considered to be the most effective diabetes diet. Skipping this first meal of the day can completely sabotage your weight-loss plans and cause blood sugar levels to surge later on in the day.
2. Feasting on fiber is good for you. Generous amounts of food rich in fiber help lower blood sugar levels and speed weight loss. Three servings per day of fiber-rich legumes like chickpeas and black beans can work wonders.
3. Set small, manageable goals. Doctors advise that if you try to transform your body all at once, it can be a sure-shot recipe for failure. If you persist with your small-time goals, they will eventually become habits that will hold you in good stead in the long run.

Markuse

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi!

I can advise to eat more green basically. My wife is in good shape and ~8% of bodyfat at the age of 29.
Basically try to include beans, vegetables, apples and such in your diet. Nuts work well too as I've heard.

You are still very young though and there can be several factors (like hormones) that are keeping you off from the desired %.
Good luck!

Reactions: 2 people

Alice233

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
first!! get over the idea that you can eat anything you want and just bolus to cover the carb grams!! That is what packs on the body fat!!!

LOW CARB food plan, not low calorie food plan!! South Beach phase 2 is a place to start. This is what most of the top Endos recommend for their diabetic patients, either type!!! Get your grams of carbohydrate down to around 100 to 150 per day!!

Get very active!! Start walking, biking, whatever you like to do at least an hour every day!! Bad weather walk in a Mall or a Big Box Store!! Walmart Super Stores have a long perimeter track to walk around.

gymJunki3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i am type 1 and already have a healthy diet and exercise everyday :(
70g carbo per day 100g chicken meat and some vegatable
but i still have about 14% body fat
i want to reduce bodyfat to 10% :(
i am 170cm 66kg 19age
thankyou!!!

If you already have a healthy diet then you need a good workout program :) When you say exercise everyday, mind if I ask what your program looks like? If you want a leaner body (less jiggly), you need to start building muscle and get into strength training :)

Some guys I know at 15% BF is ripped and cut.