Hi everyone, Got rotten toothache!

sandymaynard

Hi everyone,
Snapped my wisdom tooth last year, got rotten tooth ache, tried everything, went to dentist they will not take it out, I am on warphin! To thin my blood!
The dentist said that i now have a infection! A bad one, i feel so down!
I have my glucose intollerence on monday! I feel like crying, had the in laws around earlier! They made me feel so down with what they said!
Saying that i was attension seeking to keep my fiancee! He knows i am not! Thank god he knows the truth!
Thank god they have now gone, with the tooth ache and everything i feel so down!
I know that the dentist said leave it 2 weeks and then go back and see him! But it hurts so much, tried everything i know to ease the pain! It hurts so much that even sipping soup hurts badly!
As i am drinking so much as i feel thirsty all the time! I am finding that everytime i drink i hurt my mouth!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
See doctor,get referred to dental hospital for removal especially if you are on warfarin.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Sandy.

This link gives information about Dental Care for Warfarin users.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/tuith/Static/info/warfarin.pdf

Do you have a local Dental Hospital ? I would go to them and tell them how much pain you are in or change Dentist - if possible. To turn you away without any help is unacceptable today.

Ken

candy1567

Hi Sandy

Sorry your feelin so rotten, toothache is a nightmare.

what i do when i get it is to make sure i keep up the pain relief, ppl take painkillers wrong, they take it when the pain is bad so they need twice as much medication to get it under control. You should take it at regular intervals even if it feels better and not hurting as much as this will keep it at bearable level. You can take anti inflammatory pain killers such ibuprofen as well as paracetamol but make sure they are ok for you just incase they conflict with other meds (and some meds have a sugar coating which is not good for diabetics)

Another thing i found is good is to have your drinks, soups etc through a straw so you can direct it to the back on your throat and not near your tooth and make sure the drinks are not to hot.

And just think, only a few days to go till the infection is under control and you should feel so much better.

Juliexx

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Please discuss pain relief with doctor ,Sandi.Ibuprofen can have an enhanced effect on warfarin as can aspirin and some other OTC pain relief.This means that it can make you bleed more if bleeding occurs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Go to A&E in a large district hospital. they should have facilities for a dental emergency.
Your future In-Laws sound awful.
If they treat you like this they will push hteir child away. I wouldn't be that nasty to a total stranger.

anne 37

l know how you feel l found myself in total agony with a abcess under a tooth and my dentist wouldnt drain it at the time ,said l had to take antibiotics for 4 days then go back ,l couldnt sleep for the pain ,what l did was l bought soluble co-codamol from the chemist dissolved 2 in some water and before swallowing swished it round my mouth in about 30mins the pain had eased ,l know some gps dont think you should take them to much but l think if it doesnt affect your other medication you should give it a go ,lol l think at this stage ppl try anything to shift the pain ,hope this helps you in some way take care x

Fenster

Hi, have you tried oil of cloves. You can get it almost anywhere non prescription. It is great for dental pain relief. I don't think it will interfere with your med's.

Fenster

sandymaynard

Hi everyone,
I have tried oil of cloves, oraldene, and now onto a jel from the doctor called orajel, it helps for 10 seconds or so!
Hi anne,
was doing that for the last week, it worked up until yesterday then it stopped, it does work well, but now no longer!
Hi sue,
It really hurts, is it normal for blood sugar's to rise taking anti botics? as my blood sugar's are reaching 16 and 18!
Hi hanadar,
i am under the local hospital for dental treatment! because my warphin becomes unstable! I bleed badly after even having a filling, normal dentists panic!
I cannoit take ibuphen or asprin, i cannot take peniciln as i am allergic to it!
I am on emoxacillion, it upsets the stomach badly!
I am drinking so much right now! It hurts, almost at the crying stage!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Sandi your BG is probably up because of the stress and pain!Please go to A&E and see if they can do something for you.Even contact NHS24 see if they can suggest anything.

sandymaynard

Hi sue i have tried nhs24 and they said contact local a'e! done that they said there is nothing that they can do! Dentist not there until tomorrow! We are going to contact the out of hours emeregency dentist as well as tomorow comtact my gp and see what she can sort out for me as a emergency she seems to be very helpful!

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
At least that's a step in the right direction.I hate tooth ache ,it's the one pain I just can't control without medication of some kind.
As someone else said take regular 4-6 hourly pain relief to try and keep it under control till you do see the dentist.

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I have been lucky enough never to have wisdom teeth, my last molar cracked just over 2 years ago and since then the dentist kept covering it up now that is impossible to do and for a couple of months I have been suffering if anything touches the nerve. On my last check up with the dentist he said it would need to be extracted.......cannot get an appointment til June so what with that and the PCOS etc Its not nice being me...anyone wanna swap

Reactions: 2 people

Nell 50

Hi cavelioness
I have just joined today I'm new to computers and new to diabetes.

Years ago I was told by a dentist that if the toothache is on the left hand side of the mouth place an ice cube on the right hand on the web area of the skin between the thumb and the finger next to it,
and if toothache is on the right hand side do the same with ice cube to the left hand .It seems to be something to do with acupuncture points but it has worked for me and my family in the past.
Worth having a go it might just work for you I hope so.

Nell 50

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya sandy,
hope you can soon get sorted, toothache is horrendous, i would keep moaning loudly till something gets done, good luck :D

hya nell,
welcome to the forum :D

sandymaynard

Hi everyone,
went to see my new doctor today! she refered me straight to hospital! Aparently the dentist was wrong, i don't have a simple infection, i have a severe absess in the root of my tooth!
They have given me anti botics, and given me some sttrong pain killers, and given me a appointment for 10 days time, they say not good idea taking out at minute!
It does feel a little better knowing that i am not going mental! It still hurts and i know it is not going to go away! but at least the stabbing pain etc has gone at the minute!
My fiancee said i was like a bear with a sore head yesterday really ratty!
He said that he didnot blame me as i was in pain! Ah bless him!
He took me straight up the doctor's first thing and got me sorted! He even held my hand while i was in the dentist! now he says i have to put my feet up!
He is going to make home made chicken soup for me! Yum that is me sorted! :D

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
yayyyy, glad its finally getting sorted for you :)

dad101255

I know it's not much help but eventually you will sort the toothache problem. In the long term I'd be more worried about them inlaws.

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
how's the abscess? sorted yet? just come back from dentists after having a filling without injection!! brave, aren't I?