kimmykib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Coke a cola anything too sweet an anything with dairy in as lactose intolerant
Hey there peeps

Am really worried I have been in alot of pain as I have a bad back an hips an went to the doctors an got prescribed gabapentin an naproxen an have been takin them .
I woke this morning my sugar was 21.5 an I feel dreadful plus I have plus 3 keytones I feel shocking but not sure if its the tablet because my sugars were fine yesterday an I had no keytones

please hlep xx

kimmykib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you jack I will do tht I just hate hospitals an I really dont want to go be put on a drip then be sent home the next day its so frustrating but I know its the best course of action x

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ok, so you know BG20/keto3+ is good enough for hospital, have you given yourself your sick day dose/doses and testing ..to tide you over for the hospital trip. Till they can get you on the drip.. or are you going to try and ride it out some more?
is you BG and ketones falling?
are you thinking clear enough, have you sought phone consult and supervision? ideally you have the nurse/someone to ring you every hour

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A quick look at both those drugs I didn't see anything obvious that would raise your BG so much. But ask the professionals when you get to hospital.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think kimmy came good, she posted on the antidepressant thread last night
or have I got my timezones wrong

H

Hooked

The GP changed me over from naproxen to gabapentin stating that the naproxen can rise blood sugar levels. I'd been on it years before that, but with levels quite erratic over that time, I probably wouldn't have noticed it's effects. I was changed onto an insulin pump round the same time as the gabapentin, levels are much better, but again, don't know for sure if it's the tablets or not.
Hope you are feeling much better now.

kimmykib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks so much guys for ur concern I am feeling better my sugars are still on the high side but nowhere near the 20s I have been moving round more today an the keytones are on a trace to negative so hopefully on the mend I think I was just that run down it just made my diabetes worse

An thank you so mucj jack412 ur advice really helped especially the sick day rules I knew them but it was nice to rejog my memory an its just nice to no I have support an advice from everyone on here xx

An thanks hooked tht is great advice my sugars were ok before I started taking the tabs so I have noticed a big difference in my sugars but it really is helpin the pain relieve xxxx

Reactions: 4 people