Phobias

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've flown for thousands of miles.
Planes, helicopters, crop sprayers, things that bounced down runways, and skidded to a stop with all the doors iced up so they had to be de-iced before they could be opened.
Easyjet punching grandmas for seats is nothing by comparison.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I like calculated risks only .
Boat - I can swim :) Train - on tracks so okay nearer to ground :)
Car - I drive it n wheels on earth,ground and tarmac :)
All reasonably safer in my head and way of thinking .

Aint going on NO planes 'ever' 'ever' 'ever' ! :nailbiting:

Destiny or density I aint going on a plane !

But
Boat. I had a few experiences, and to be honest, you can't swim. It's a few degrees above freezing,even if you're now in a lifeboat, (I was qualified to launch, and drive lifeboats, from a burning wreck) or be in a survival suit, you're on seconds, or maybe a minute or two. Burning wreck was a better option probably. (I still check the lifeboats on the Dover Calais ferry, how sad is that?)
Train. On tracks, you can't turn the wheel, and the carriage in front won't forgive you.
Car. - Truck and it's stopped in front.

Plane.
Clear sky, nothing but you and a cloud.
And the only way is down, any landing you walk away from is a good one.

Not having a go, just anything will kill you one day, and I'm probably on a dare, so maybe you shouldn't listen to my ramblings.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Hi @Lenny3 Have you tried the spider spray they sell in Lakeland? Not tried it myself but it has good reviews. It discourages them from entering your home apparently. They will go to your neighbour's house instead and give you peace.
I have got a spray called Zero in, smells minty. I do need to go around with that again. I think these last couple of months have been attacks from inside. I believe there was a nest under my kitchen sink unit. But now that's all gone, I'm hoping for some peaceful evenings.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My own phobia is AEROPLANES :nailbiting::eek::yuck:
Absolutely HATE them and refuse to fly at all .
Anything can go wrong on one of these - in my head I firmly believe !
Wouldnt even go on one if someone offered me a million quid to do so

It's a well known fact that more people die after being kicked by a donkey than in plane crashes. I have to tell myself that every time I fly. I do fly and have been on many long haul flights, but I never sleep and always keep my eyes firmly on the cabin staff to see if their expressions change. :eek:

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It's a well known fact that more people die after being kicked by a donkey than in plane crashes. I have to tell myself that every time I fly. I do fly and have been on many long haul flights, but I never sleep and always keep my eyes firmly on the cabin staff to see if their expressions change. :eek:

I sleep all the time. If the cabin staff are panicking, I figure the best I could offer would be to join in.
Even on helicopters I used to sleep. Admittedly, I closed the survival suit up, I figured I'd have a head start if I woke up with water around my feet then.

Anie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Planes are the same for me, I would love not to restrict my family by being able to bring myself to go in a plane on holiday. My other (and I think bigger fear) is SNAKES!!! I know the are not slimy, I have tried to overcome this by going into reptile houses, but it hasn't worked!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Planes are the same for me, I would love not to restrict my family by being able to bring myself to go in a plane on holiday. My other (and I think bigger fear) is SNAKES!!! I know the are not slimy, I have tried to overcome this by going into reptile houses, but it hasn't worked!

I guess 'Snakes on a Plane' isn't your top film then?

Reactions: 2 people