Hey ladies!

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not much been posted on here lately.... Hows everyone getting on pre pregnancy, during pregnancy and post pregnancy!!! xx

Reactions: 4 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Kirsten :) .

I had thought this too , not heard a lot from anyone lately .

My journeys going well , and the baby making is also going very well haha :p .
Is just a waiting game now for us and to see if and when , very exciting and amazing feeling to finally get there .

My 90 days average is 7.1 at the moment, so I'm happy with that .
My bms have been pretty good but then have had the occasional very random higher ones grr . !!

So yes me and my partner are just playing the waiting game and trying to keep bms spot on lol .

xx

Reactions: 2 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey girls! Things are going well for me, my 14 day average is now 6.5 so over the moon, had retino app last wk just waiting for the results of that, bit peeved got a letter from hospital today when I got in from work saying they are sorry I didn't attend my last clinic appointment, WHAT? I didn't even have a clinic appointment!? I've been waiting for one, thought I have to attend a pump clinic now I'm 'with pump' but never had any app's through was going to give them a couple more weeks then ring to find out what was going on, this letter says the appointment I 'missed' was July 10th... Bit late in writing to me aren't they!? I rang them (knowing there's no one there on a sat) thought I'd just rant when I got to the leave a message bit but it didn't give me that option, luckily! Haha sorry just thought I would rant about that on here!

Going to my uncles 60th tonight can't decide weather to have a drink or not, I'm not really a big drinker anyway but been ages since I've had a night out can't decide weather to just enjoy myself and deal with my bg's tomorrow or just not drink and be bombarded with 'ohhhh why aren't you drinking' from everyone there lol xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey girls! Things are going well for me, my 14 day average is now 6.5 so over the moon, had retino app last wk just waiting for the results of that, bit peeved got a letter from hospital today when I got in from work saying they are sorry I didn't attend my last clinic appointment, WHAT? I didn't even have a clinic appointment!? I've been waiting for one, thought I have to attend a pump clinic now I'm 'with pump' but never had any app's through was going to give them a couple more weeks then ring to find out what was going on, this letter says the appointment I 'missed' was July 10th... Bit late in writing to me aren't they!? I rang them (knowing there's no one there on a sat) thought I'd just rant when I got to the leave a message bit but it didn't give me that option, luckily! Haha sorry just thought I would rant about that on here!

Going to my uncles 60th tonight can't decide weather to have a drink or not, I'm not really a big drinker anyway but been ages since I've had a night out can't decide weather to just enjoy myself and deal with my bg's tomorrow or just not drink and be bombarded with 'ohhhh why aren't you drinking' from everyone there lol xx
Hey :) .

Rant well deserved I think lol. !! What are they playing at I'd be rather annoyed with that situation too .
Good luck with your eye results ,
wow your 14 day average is brilliant lol ! How many bms are you doing on a daily basis ?

If you haven't been baby making , why not surely once isn't going to hurt and especially as your not a big drinker it's not like your going to get " off your face " . But is still your decision but don't see how once is going to hurt . x

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello ladies,
I'm glad to hear you're all doing well. I guess the fact we all went quiet must reflect that things are ok although I must admit I do enjoy hearing how everyone's doing. ;)
Am now 16+3 weeks pregnant and starting to get a bit of a tummy...it's so weird having always struggled to keep my weight down and now trying to accept that getting a tummy is ok...think it'll be different once it is a clear bump and not at that stage where people think 'is she, isn't she??". Haha...the things that you think about in pregnancy!
My BMS are ok, I still hypo all the time but that's because I panic as soon as my BM gets to 7 and I completely over correct. My consultant had a bit of a go at me the other day and my husband is always telling me off but as I say, hypos don't harm the baby but the higher BMs do. They did another HbA1c last week so I guess I'll find out what it is at my next antenatal appointment next week....I suspect it might be a little up from 5.4 that it was a month ago.
ANyway, hope you're all well!
Love Jess x

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello ladies,
I'm glad to hear you're all doing well. I guess the fact we all went quiet must reflect that things are ok although I must admit I do enjoy hearing how everyone's doing. ;)
Am now 16+3 weeks pregnant and starting to get a bit of a tummy...it's so weird having always struggled to keep my weight down and now trying to accept that getting a tummy is ok...think it'll be different once it is a clear bump and not at that stage where people think 'is she, isn't she??". Haha...the things that you think about in pregnancy!
My BMS are ok, I still hypo all the time but that's because I panic as soon as my BM gets to 7 and I completely over correct. My consultant had a bit of a go at me the other day and my husband is always telling me off but as I say, hypos don't harm the baby but the higher BMs do. They did another HbA1c last week so I guess I'll find out what it is at my next antenatal appointment next week....I suspect it might be a little up from 5.4 that it was a month ago.
Love Jess x
How exciting is your post !! To actually be able to post saying yep I'm pregnant !! I bet it feels great . Glad your overal bms are good !!
Good luck with your next hba1c .
x

jade88

Hey ladies glad to hear everyone's doing well on their journeys!
Not much going on my end - still struggling with my levels in the morning but apart from that they are good the rest of the day! xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not much going on my end - still struggling with my levels in the morning but apart from that they are good the rest of the day! xxx

Hey jade , that's a bummer about your morning bms , but brilliant that they are really good rest of the day .
Think everyone is kinda just waiting now for things to hopefully fall into place .

Take care
x

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

hey Hun well done on your 14 day average keep up the hard work!!!!

I hope you had that drink ;)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello ladies,
Love Jess x

Hey Jess

How exciting it's so nice to hear your doing well I can't wait for my day to come heh.
I think ill panic and over inject when and if I'm pregnant such a worry all the time!!!

Will you be finding out the sex of the baby? Xxx

kirstfinley

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hey Hun

Glad to hear there ok, hope you have sorted ur morning bms x

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey kirst yeah I did have that drink... Or 4 haha and my bg's weren't too bad the day after until I had a footling subway! Haha

Been to clinic today expressed that I was unhappy people haven't been getting back to me, my nurse is really lovely, said she hadn't been getting my messages, awful to doubt people so hope that's true!

I'm getting transferred to the pre conception clinic but it's not in my hospital it's like 3 hospitals away from where I live but it will be worth it :) she was really pleased with me as this was my first clinic since being on the pump, need to ring next week for my A1c results which will obviously give a true picture of if my pump is working for me but from what she could see when she downloaded my pump at the hospital things looked fab so fingers crossed :)

Had a letter today from my retinopathy appointment last week saying I've got background retino... This was first time I've had my eyes done in about 18 months cos I missed my last appointment and I know before I was classed as a stage 2, but this didn't really explain anything about the stages, so I'm confused as to weather it's just the same or it's got worse cos I feel like they have worded it differently... In the past I've had to go every 6 months, but this letter says I don't need to do anything I will be sent an appointment in 12 months. Confused

Xxx