First Time Of Trying .

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone .
Like my title says this is mine and my partners first month of trying for a baby .
My bms have been pretty good all the way through to the lead up of trying , I have had the occosional high who doesn't .
But this week I've had random highs I have no explanation for them what so ever , I'm only maybe high for two hours as I always correct them and I'm back down by next bm reading . But it's just annoying me how now I've actually 'tried' I'm getting the highs when this is the time I really don't want them for the all 'incase'
Had a few 9's that's bugged me but these ones has been going up to the 12's .

Hmmpt

x

Reactions: 4 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Chloe, don't panic!! I know exactly how annoying that is but sounds like you're doing the right things if you're able to get them down quickly. Maybe random highs because you've managed to get pregnant?? ;) that would be exciting! It sounds like (from your previous posts) you have a good relationship with your DSN so if it continues, why don't you contact her?
Let us know how you get on.
Love Jess
x

Reactions: 4 people

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Cloe, well I don't want to get your hopes up but this was me three weeks ago and my first suspicion I was pregnant. Sure enough here I am at 6 weeks! When would you be able to test? Just keep doing the corrections but if you start to notice a pattern then maybe up your insulin. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey jess , Thank you so much for your reply has put my mind at ease a little bit more knowing others experienced this , I am happy as I am managing to get them down back to a good level , it just annoys me when I don't know why it's happening . But hearing from what you have both said it could be that , just shocking as only been the first month of trying , I know it only takes one time , but will be very exciting if this is the case .
If I'm not then it's just diabetes being a pain and needs sorting out again lol!! Yes that's a good idea I shall see how I carry on going then might give her a phone call .
Thank you. x

Hey serenede , Again thank you for replying as I said above it really helps knowing others experience and if I'm not pregnant then it's just going a bit random at times . That is a very good sign that this is also what you experience and you now know the reason why as your expecting . I'm still feeling open minded about it all. As I don't want to get my hopes up , but maybe it's a good sign ( but not because they are high ) hopefully you get what I'm trying to say lol . I've already decided to up my morning and lunch time ratios to try and stop the high ones , which I will start from tomorrow for the last four days I've had one of them highs each day ! . If I don't get my period I can test I think will be around the end of this week beginning of next week .
Thank you. x

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep I get what your saying! I have had to increase my basal for almost the whole 24 hour period now (on a pump) and my lunchtime ratio has gone up too. You just think your getting it right and then something changes again! Good luck, I hope it's not just D messing you around. If you can hold of testing until your due on then you'll likely get a true result. I tested the day before I was due and was negative but three days later a positive!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep I get what your saying! I have had to increase my basal for almost the whole 24 hour period now (on a pump) and my lunchtime ratio has gone up too. You just think your getting it right and then something changes again! Good luck, I hope it's not just D messing you around. If you can hold of testing until your due on then you'll likely get a true result. I tested the day before I was due and was negative but three days later a positive!
Oh really seems a lot of changes going on for you , I normally have to tweak mine every so often for whatever silly reasons , but these highs are just so out the blue and as soon as you see the high your straight away like oh dear ! . That's brilliant information on when to test ect as it does get a bit shall I shan't I but deep down you know there's not going to be enough hcg levels to show up just yet lol .
How many bms are you doing daily now you have got your positive result , and are you managing to keep them with in target .
Sorry a lot of questions there .
Thanks again x

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Happy to answer any questions. I normally test before a meal, 1.5 hours after and twice during the night. If I'm not below 5.9 before a meal I have my insulin then test again before I eat to make sure it has come down enough to avoid the high. I dont find spikes so much of a problem now I'm on a pump and eating low carb though. I have also noticed that my hypo awareness doesn't kick in now until I'm around 3.5 whereas I could feel myself going low around 4ish before so I also test before I drive. It's all about the testing for me! My 7 day target is 5.7 so I'm happy with that!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's brilliant as I've always questioned weather you should check through out the night or not check. But I'm not well as far as I know at the moment at that stage yet so shall see what happens when I get there I guess lol .
That's a good tip regarding eating so you don't get that spike , something to remember and take on board .
Oh really ,
Wow wow wow , I thought I wasn't doing to bad , then I've seen your 7 day average lol wow wow !! :(
Well done you lol , do you know what your 90 day average is ?

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
6.1, but don't forget I'm super paranoid after what's happened in the last year! I've always checked in the night whilst trying to conceive. I look at it that if I was pregnant but it's too early to test then that's two weeks of baby developing without me knowing so just try and keep everything in check just in case. It's hard work and everyone has different thoughts on it but seems to work for me x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow , that is bloody amazing , and yes I can understand when you put that way . I'm still so happy for you and send you all the luck in the world as I did last time.
I was thinking the exact thing you was thinking. So I rang my Dsn and I asked her about them few weeks of not knowing , and she told me to keep to not pregnant targets Untill I get the positive result then as soon as I got that go for the pregnancy targets . And then she explained why ect ect and I can understand that but it's all so worrying as everyone does things differently . I just hope I'm doing ok . But then my partner goes if you wasn't doing ok you wouldn't of got given the go ahead .
At the moment I'm doing 7 bms a day . Before meals 2 hours after meals and then bed time .
My 90 days average is 7.1 a whole 1.0 higher than yours lol .
x

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank so much, I'm terrified! Yours are Still fantastic though, it could be a whole lot worse! Interested to know now what the reason the DSN gave for not going for pregnancy targets before hand? Especially as most people notice a change immediately and often things go high. I've always been told opposite!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's ok , you very welcome , I can't even imagine how terrified you are right now , but your doing so well with readings . and thank you very much on my 90 days .
Well to be fair I would of thought the way you have been doing it is right , I was told that if I had pregnancy targets before I had a baby , I would badly hypo as baby would start to take my sugars , so shouldn't start off to low and should keep them at what I've been advised to .
But it's so hard because everyone is told different by Dsn and then it all gets confusing on what to do lol
x

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I no they all say conflicting things! I guess experience tells me my way is right for me but there are people that do go low in early pregnancy. I guess time will tell for you!

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes very true , I thought that everyone would of be given similar answers with in their own diabetes , but definitely not the opposite , it's all strange to me lol . Yeah I think that's brilliant that you already know what works for you and everything is working out well ,
Shall be a waiting game to see if I am or not then probably even more waiting to see what needs adjusting and see what happens from there .
Hopefully things will go ok .
x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tried to ring my Dsn this morning and she isn't in today , so I spoke to a member of her team .
I explained whats going on and she said she had no explanation and as there isn't any pattern couldn't really advise anything to me because I'm doing the best I can and I'm correcting and back down by next bm . She said it could be period hormones ( even though I normal go low when period is about ) or could just be my hormones so we shall see lol ! I'm gutted my actual Dsn isn't in , but it's better to talk to someone rather than no one . Has made me feel a bit better about the higher ones and I'm just going to carry on doing what I was doing in the first place .

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I no they all say conflicting things! I guess experience tells me my way is right for me but there are people that do go low in early pregnancy. I guess time will tell for you!

Hey just thought I'd reply and see how your getting on ? , hope things are still going well for you .

Take care
x

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, all seems well at the moment thanks. Slightly worried that the sickness hasn't kicked in big time. With my daughter I had HG from 6 weeks until she was born but with the last two pregnancies I had nothing so can't help worrying that it will go wrong again if I'm not sick! Have a scan booked for the 25th when I will be 8+3 so should be plenty to see. Not sure how I will even walk in the room yet I am already terrified :-( How are you?x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, all seems well at the moment thanks. Slightly worried that the sickness hasn't kicked in big time. With my daughter I had HG from 6 weeks until she was born but with the last two pregnancies I had nothing so can't help worrying that it will go wrong again if I'm not sick! Have a scan booked for the 25th when I will be 8+3 so should be plenty to see. Not sure how I will even walk in the room yet I am already terrified :-( How are you?x

Hey serenede , so sorry for the long reply i have just been so busy lately , there is no news to tell my end as of yet but will keep you updated .
How are things going now with you and your pregnancy ? hope all went well with your scan .
Best of wishes xx

Serenede

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Cloe,

I'm afraid I only have bad news, I had another miscarriage. This time it was a blighted ovum and only found out at the scan. We are now being referred for tests to see if there is anything else going on. Let me know how things are going with you x