Bit confused about retinopathy result

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, i had a letter today from my retinopathy appointment last week saying I've got background retino... This was first time I've had my eyes done in about 18 months cos I missed my last appointment and I know before I was classed as a stage 2? but this letter didn't really explain anything about the stages, just that it was background, so I'm confused as to weather it's just the same or it's got worse cos I feel like they have worded it differently... In the past I've had to go every 6 months to an appointment but this letter says I don't need to do anything I will be sent an appointment in 12 months.

Confused

Xxx

Reactions: 2 people

kimmykib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Coke a cola anything too sweet an anything with dairy in as lactose intolerant
Then tht means ur eyes have got better hun I am the same I have background retinopathy an malcuopathy an I got checked every 6 month an now its 12 because they have changed for the better so I wouldnt worry too much

U still have retinopathy but not anything to be concerned about just make sure u keep ur appointments an just take a note if u spot any changes hope I have helped x

Reactions: 6 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh thanks Hun I didn't realise it could actually improve! I've been on a pump for the last 9 months and had a clinic appointment today and they were telling me my diabetes has improved brilliantly so when I got home and saw the letter about the retino I was so confused as to how it could have got better if my control has been really good! Thanks so much for putting my mind at rest :) Abbie xx

kimmykib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Coke a cola anything too sweet an anything with dairy in as lactose intolerant
Your very welcome hun I know how confusing it is when u get letters from them lol glad I could help
Kim xxxx