Hard to gain weight

Adamspillman

I've got type 1 and had it for a while now I lost like 2 or 3 stone and basically no matter what I eat I don't put more than a 2 pounds on then it vanishes and I'm bk to my average weight of 11 stone I'm trying to build muscle but even eating a **** load of carbs n fat don't work what's going on??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eat more carb would be the opposite of lose weight, but it sounds like you want to muscle up and lifting weights does that
Some people are genetically wirery and won't bulk up

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I'm pretty much the same now that I'm eating more fat. I'm not getting more muscle but my muscles are better toned.....and I have lost weight that I didn't need to lose.

I now use myfitnesspal everyday to make sure I am getting enough calories. Its hard when doing a physical job too. As I can eat my 1200 calories, type in my exercise and I still need another 1200.

Nowadays I will use a complan mix to try and help.. Although quite high in carbs at 34, it is easy to drink when I just do not want to eat anymore. I drink it with almond milk. My weight is now maintaining, but I am happier at that, than losing it.

Loving life

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just eat a higher amount of calories, many people would love to have the chance to do that!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I know, but I tend to eat because of having to, rather than wanting to.. So complan with almond milk is a great top up for me and some all round vitamins and I love the taste!

Loving life

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive tried that but prefer non sweetened SOYA milk. Non Dairy the same. Varied makes - Morrisons is 80p-90ish

Johnnyruxpin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Look at lipsosis if trying to bulk muscular body learn to eat the foods that only work on the tissues

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Look at lipsosis if trying to bulk muscular body learn to eat the foods that only work on the tissues

Is that spelt correctly as their are some different results regarding that which don't seem relative. :confused:

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in the same boat sort of, but I keep staying in the 8-9 stone range, sometimes I eat 1000 calories, sometimes it's 2500, I wonder if whey protein even works in relation to gaining weight as it is really hard, i am willing to bet it's easier to lose weight than to gain it - well from my perspective it's obviously easy for me to say that as I've never gained as much as 10 stone in my life let alone a BMI over the underweight category.