Hello.........

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I'm Kelly, new to all this. My partner is insulin dependant, I'm non-diabetic. Just wondering if you lovely lot can gimme a hand getting my head around the complexities!!!! He's not talkative on the subject, I don't want to push cos I feel like he has enough to deal with. I've been to several dr/consultant appts but still don't feel like I'm getting to know what it's really all about. Is there a thread I should be looking for regarding relationships and diabetes or living with someone with diabetes? Any advice would be fab thanks!!

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, there is a thread around here somewhere about relationships with diabetes.

But really, I think the best possible advice I can give you is to wander freely round the forum, anywhere that looks interesting. When I arrived, that is exactly what I did, and the amount of info, the stories, the advice, that was available... It's wonderful.

See you around. :)

kimmykib

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Coke a cola anything too sweet an anything with dairy in as lactose intolerant
Hey hun I truly commend u for trying to find out all the info u can about ur husbands condition :)

Its is hard when ur first diagnosed an I would imagine ur hubby is trying to get to grips with it himself so its good tht ur putting the effort in to educate urself

There are so many fantastic well knowledged people on here an ama sure if u have any concerns then just ask I am always here to help an I have been type1 diabetic for 18 years so am well versed lol

Hope u find out plenty of info hun an am kim x

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Thank you! I feel a fraud cos it's not 'my thing' it's my other halfs but I NEED some insight lol
You don't have to have diabetes to be a member here.
You want knowledge from experienced people you've come to the right place.
Read and post away and welcome.
Goodnight too it's past my bedtime!