Gel Insoles for Neuropathy

meoman

Hi
Peripheral Neuropathy in my feet. Mainly underneath toes which feel numb but very tender/sore.
Have collected some suitable shoes and some ProtectIT socks on order.
Looking for some suggestions on Gel Insoles that will help cushion under the feet and specifically the toes.
Toes are ridiculously tender I am hoping gel insoles will help but unsure which ones are best.
Appreciate any advice
Thanks

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
In this week's press - the NHS has taken a major leap towards "prevention rather than cure" by approving Liqua Care Diabetic Flowgel Orthotics for prescription issue. See www.liquacare.co.uk for more info.
Great info this is - will certainly ask my GP for a pair of these :D
Winter is only around the corner and my toots are sensitive also .

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Brilliant, I spend ages on my feet, so I'll be asking for a pair.
Anything that prevents complications has to be worth going for.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im gonna see if I can get some of them, I suffer terribly from cold feet.

MCM5278

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been reading up lately on bio magnetic therapy for neuropathy and there is some promising results from studies that have even conducted. There are these magnetic soles worn in your shoes. From the studies done it showed a reduction in pain, numbness, burning, and tingling sensations. You never know could be something worth looking into. I'm going to atleast give it a shot. Here is a link from the study.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003999303001060

Adele99

Hi
Peripheral Neuropathy in my feet. Mainly underneath toes which feel numb but very tender/sore.
Have collected some suitable shoes and some ProtectIT socks on order.
Looking for some suggestions on Gel Insoles that will help cushion under the feet and specifically the toes.
Toes are ridiculously tender I am hoping gel insoles will help but unsure which ones are best.
Appreciate any advice
Thanks

Not sure about England, but in Scotland you can self refer yourself to an NHS Podiatrist. They can then refer you to the orthotics hosp dept if your feet are showing signs of needing custom made insole supports or shoes made to help balance out the load bearing weight of your feet, thus preventing ulcers and joint breakdown.

I needed a pair made due to diabetic foot problems , they were very sturdy leather and comfortable , but not exactly what I'd wear on a night out. Not too bad with jeans and they've now got several types and colours available in the range they offer including trainers. They also offer a resolve and repair service, and once they've got you measured and successfully wearing them, they make you a 2nd pair I think.

Think the new ones available on prescription sound good as well.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I've been reading up lately on bio magnetic therapy for neuropathy and there is some promising results from studies that have even conducted. There are these magnetic soles worn in your shoes. From the studies done it showed a reduction in pain, numbness, burning, and tingling sensations. You never know could be something worth looking into. I'm going to atleast give it a shot. Here is a link from the study.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0003999303001060

Where could one purchase magnetic insoles?? I'm skeptical, but it couldn't hurt to try them (no pun intended).

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
Where could one purchase magnetic insoles?? I'm skeptical, but it couldn't hurt to try them (no pun intended).
To learn about magnets and health search for The Jelly Bean Lady Australia (Loretta Marron) you will be amazed. I have met her and sat beside her at meetings on a couple of occasions. I bet she does not remember me tho.

Reactions: 2 people

MCM5278

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nocrbs4me
I'm not sure of the best brand yet, still investigating that. But I did see some for sale on eBay and when I google magnetic therapy soles I found some for sale that way also.

Reactions: 2 people

MCM5278

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Magnetic therapy looks promising. If you google it and look at the scholarly articles there are tons of NIH trials where this therapy showed positive results.

LFoot

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Other
Liqua Care Insoles have been great for my cold feet too! I wear them in all shoes and boots, very comfortable, great to see they are now on prescription in the UK for diabetes sufferers. All my friends and family love them too! x

Link removed. CC.

Last edited by a moderator:

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I needed a pair made due to diabetic foot problems , they were very sturdy leather and comfortable , but not exactly what I'd wear on a night out. Not too bad with jeans and they've now got several types and colours available in the range they offer including trainers. They also offer a resolve and repair service, and once they've got you measured and successfully wearing them, they make you a 2nd pair I think.

Think the new ones available on prescription sound good as well.

I had a pair made for me, not for diabetes but for pustular psoriasis, and he did say he'd make me a 2nd pair, but then I moved out of Cornwall back to Devon, so have to start all over again!
The ones I've got may not be the prettiest shoe but they are the most comfortable I've ever had :)