Laugh....

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

So just come across this on Facebook....not allowed to call ourselves diabetic as that's basically calling yourselves a retard...it's People with Diabetes....what a load of ****!! Lol sorry just had to share this with you guys!! X

Dazza1984

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So just come across this on Facebook....not allowed to call ourselves diabetic as that's basically calling yourselves a retard...it's People with Diabetes....what a load of ****!! Lol sorry just had to share this with you guys!! X

"ic"
Used on a noun stems carried the meaning 'characteristic of, like, typical, pertaining to', and on adjectival stems it acted emphatically.
Ud to form adjectives from nouns with the meaning "of or pertaining to"
So diabetic mean "of or pertaining to" diabetes
Epileptic
Asthmatic etc etc

Reactions: 3 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see "right on" stuff on FB all the time... In regards to type1, it sadly acts like double edged sword for the T2s.
Last night I read a "touching" write up from the sister of an "idolised" T1 brother that got shared.. Who was this superman? Lol then in the closing paragraph went "Daily Mail" on the T2...

There was a suggestion on one FB infomercial, that the term "suck" or "sucks" in the context of this sucks or you suck, was homophobic as it insinuated felatio...
However,
Used in the context of a reply to something like "I crashed my car last night.". "Aww, dude. That sucks."
Would appertain to an empathy regarding the "bitter experience" of sucking of lemons...

Now what really grinds my gears on Facebook apart from racist propaganda, is these public aware shares where an individual is purported to have acted criminally.. This image gets blindly shared with no other evidence to back it up other than the original posters accusation...

Here is a harmless "mock up" of what I mean...

image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Jaylee what are you on about!? lol

Lol, smartarses on FB that do more insidious damage than good....
Granted, 'twas a bit of a rant..... ;)

I also thought you would appreciate the Pug in a southwester....?! :D

Adele99

Lol, smartarses on FB that do more insidious damage than good....
Granted, 'twas a bit of a rant..... ;)

I also thought you would appreciate the Pug in a southwester....?! :D

I liked the pug in souester. Lol. I don't have a FB account, they sound like too much hard work to me!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I liked the pug in souester. Lol. I don't have a FB account, they sound like too much hard work to me!!

Thanks.

Yep it is these days.. It started off with a few lost track of friends... Then because my sister don't do FB i got "tapped up" by her old school chums..
Then my band took off & now its swamped as a "customer service desk" for musos, promoters & a small fanbase..!

Reactions: 2 people