Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had my annual 'MOT' I seem to have stabilised out now at 5.3%

babybot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just got back from the doctors. Last result was 5.4% with minimal/ no hypos (on a pump) by following a low carb diet which worked wonders, but decided to increase the carb intake to normal. Result now is 6.0%. Not my best result but am pretty happy :)

Reactions: 2 people

TonyR

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
My sons was always around 9.0 before he went on the pump last Jan within 3 months it came down to 7.1.In the last couple of months we've become s lot better at using the pump and setting basal / bolus rates so I'm hoping it will be in the md 6's

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's just come through the door. I was a bit worried about opening which isn't normal for me. The Summer has meant lots of eating with family with extras like pre dinner 'nibbles' and desserts which I don't normally eat . I wasn't even testing as much as usual.
6.0% so up by 0.1% As there have also been very few hypos . I'm extremely happy with that.

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I currently have a hba1c of 7.2% which has remained unchanged for two years now. I am currently on injectable insulin (novo rapid and levemere) but will be switching to a pump in October. Did most of you find your hba1c improved when you had made the switch? Thanks

jagger38

Just had my review, hbac is 5.5. Feeling really pleased, as came off pump five months ago, and doctor says my control is excellent. Feeling happy....

iHs

I think people have to be very careful on getting an a1c under 6.5% in case it gets looked upon as impairing the ability to recognise the hypo feeling. I am ok and well with an a1c of 6.8%

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been in for my clinic appointment this morning and my HbA1c is now 46 or 6.4%
In Feb of this year it was 45 or 6.3% so stayed pretty much the same.
The consultant was really happy and suggested I would maybe be a good candidate for the pump. Shocked him when I said I'm starting it in 9 weeks time! All go now for that.

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.

Dan Sumner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been to my diabetes clinic this evening and found out mine was 117 when first diagnosed. I have my next test in November, looking forward to seeing what it is now.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got mine today - 6.5! Really chuffed to be honest, I know other people here have better ones but given I am less than a year after diagnosis and going through a turbulent honeymoon phase I am very happy with this!

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Jan 2014 - 66

Sept 2014 - 51

All down to my pump and some hard work n low carbing :)

HayleyBumble

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.7 I think was my last? Good for me and I'm really hoping to be in the 6s by my next test around christmas. This hard work will pay off!!

Reactions: 4 people

Susan1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine is 8.7, just done two weeks ago. My diabetologist doesn't want me below 7.5 as I get hypos, but I wish I could get it below 8.