Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliebee

Thanks @AndBreathe. I was getting bg of over 10 after meals and stayed at 8's for some hours. Since lchf I've better daytime readings but get such a high one most mornings.

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahhh! Thanks @Bluetit1802 I do have an applemacbookpro and I did buy excel for it.
So just put a column for brekkie, +1, +2 etc etc across the top?
Then fill in each day across the line and each day on a new line?
Not wanting to sound too thick :DHow do you get it to average? Or do I do that manually?
I am 99 percentile but have a TBI too which does not help :confused:

Yes, you are getting the idea. One column each for date and each event, and one line for each day. My Excel averages them for me. In the "Home" page, towards the right at the top is a function for "auto sum". There are several options, one of which is average. Just highlight the column you wish to average, and hey presto. Done! I tend to keep a tally of monthly averages, but you may wish to keep a weekly one or whatever. Give it a try.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @AndBreathe. I was getting bg of over 10 after meals and stayed at 8's for some hours. Since lchf I've better daytime readings but get such a high one most mornings.

I was never really that high, although my diagnostic figures still mystify me, but (back on topic), I did find that as my scores generally dropped, my fasting scores were the last to come into line. I think others have also found that.

One other thing, which may of course be a personal weirdness to me, is that my numbers didn't slowly creep down, they came down in notches, then stabilised, then notched, and so on.

It is all a puzzle and worth sticking with, in my view.

alliebee

I definately am sticking to it. I feel great. And this way of eating just feels right. Thanks. Its still only 2 weeks in so I need to give it time.

Reactions: 5 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I definately am sticking to it. I feel great. And this way of eating just feels right. Thanks. Its still only 2 weeks in so I need to give it time.

Allie - my BG took ages to go down while I started low carb. I kept reducing carbs til it felt right and have me lower readings. I'm on about 30g a day.

Keep going xxx

Reactions: 4 people

whatdoesthisbuttondo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2 this morning, the only problem is that my blood pressure is dropping as well (100/60 against a norm of 120/70 with medication) so I can get a bit dizzy when standing up quickly!

Marko723

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Was a bit concerned that my morning number was 5.7....but given that I had trouble falling asleep last night and only getting 5 hours of sleep last night, I guess I can't expect much better. Stressful week ahead at work and my mind has trouble shutting down and allowing relaxation.

On a good note, week 2 of detox completed, and my reading before supper is 4.5 :) So far so good, halfway through my estimated timeline to fully dump metformin from my system.

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
Let's just say yesterday evening's food intake was pants and leave it at that huh? It seemed like a good idea at the time :arghh::bag::banghead::sorry:

Reactions: 5 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A quick question please. What is the significance of a liver dump if one doesn't eat straight away? I'm thinking of rises in bg when people don't eat immediately they get up. Thanks :)

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 at bedtime. This morning 6.4:) No changes in eating, exercise, stress levels or daytime readings but fasting bs have suddenly started towing the line again.

Reactions: 9 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 today- had gone to bed on 5.2 stayed in the 5's again yesterday and had a 4.6 before dinner. Finally my day off today, few jobs at home this morning then an afternoon at the hairdressers getting my colour done : )

Reactions: 7 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 today- had gone to bed on 5.2 stayed in the 5's again yesterday and had a 4.6 before dinner. Finally my day off today, few jobs at home this morning then an afternoon at the hairdressers getting my colour done : )

Have a lovely and well earned day off today @kimbo1962

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven't been on this thread for a bit, as I was always getting high 7 to low 8s and was getting a bit depressed that they didn't seem to want to come down even though my other reading were good. I decided to concentrate on the pre and post meal difference and just do a few fasting reading every so often.

The good news is, it finally seems to be working. I have done fasting readings for the last few days and each one has been somewhere between 6.3 and 6.7.

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.