Diabetes UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course we have our differences, like the LCHF/NHS hooey, but I still appreciate the existence of the NHS, as I do appreciate the UK and can't see that our national differences justify breaking it up. Breaking up a small united kingdom on the grounds of ethnicity with a referendum that doesn't cater for all the voices that should be heard? Very strange. :(

Breaking up a small "united" kingdom -I laughed out loud at that.... on the grounds of ethnicity .... you just don't get... but I suppose I can't blame you. All of us in this united kingdom rely on the the mainstream media which is wholly owned by London. They can feed us all the propaganda they like and we lap it up.... especially if it fits in with our world view. They have stoked the anger against the residents of Scotland for having the audacity to want to run their part of the kingdom for themselves with policies which will
I was all for keeping the union. No campaigner through and through.

BUT

Yes independence would have had an effect on the rest of the UK. Scotland does not feel it is being supported and looked after, hence the demand for more powers etc. Why should we stay in the UK if it means we'll be worse off just to keep the rest of you happy?

(Except in this instance I don't think we would have been better off leaving!)

@hale710 You are a #ProudScotBut who I believe works in Aberdeen in the oil industry. ... BP perhaps?... who threatened jobs in the event of Scottish Independence. I expect you voted to keep your job? Did your boss drive you to the polling station?

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I came on this forum today for a break from the relentless negativity and xenophobia on all of the mainstream media concerning the Scottish Independence vote. This forum is supposed to be about diabetes and supportive of all diabetics.

What do I find, the same old, same old propaganda being repeated here ad nauseum?.

Somehow it's ok to be condescending, patronising or downright xenophobic (Andy12345... I'm talking about you) to the Scottish people on here, without any intervention from the moderators. I expect since I'm presenting a different point of view which might not be palatable to most of the posters on here, that my posts or the whole thread will be removed .... I fervently hope so.

I would try to explain why 45% of Scots would want to vote for Independence. Maybe a clue might be found in the attitude of some of the posters on this thread? But it's clear reading through the thread that none of you would be remotely interested in any other point of view. You're only interested in traipsing out your petty little prejudices and ill-informed comments between yourselves to reinforce your own point of view.

Feel free to denounce me and the rest of the 1.6 million Yes voters as nationalist nutters if it makes you feel better, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Don't expect to see any balance in what is laughingly called the national press anytime soon. The lop-sided view is promoted as the truth... repeat a lie often enough... well you know the rest... in fact you're doing the job for them... well done.

I'm leaving this forum -- and am requesting the moderators to remove my account. I'm sure you'll all be relieved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I came on this forum today for a break from the relentless negativity and xenophobia on all of the mainstream media concerning the Scottish Independence vote. This forum is supposed to be about diabetes and supportive of all diabetics.

What do I find, the same old, same old propaganda being repeated here ad naseum?.

Somehow it's ok to be condescending, patronising or downright xenophobic (Andy12345... I'm talking about you) to the Scottish people on here, without any intervention from the moderators. I expect since I'm presenting a different point of view which might not be palatable to most of the posters on here, that my posts or the whole thread will be removed .... I fervently hope so.

I would try to explain which 45% of Scots would want to vote for Independence. Maybe a clue might be found in the attitude of some of the posters on this thread? But it's clear reading through the thread that none of would be remotely interested in any other point of view. You're only interested in traipsing out your petty little prejudices and ill-informed comments between yourselves to reinforce your own point of view.

Feel free to denounce me and the rest of the 1.6 million Yes voters as nationalist nutters if it makes you feel better, but it couldn't be further from the truth. Don't expect to see any balance in what is laughingly called the national press anytime soon. The lop-sided view is promoted as the truth... repeat a lie often enough... well you know the rest... in fact you're doing the job for them... well done.

I'm leaving this forum -- and am requesting the moderators to remove my account. I'm sure you'll all be relieved.

I won't be relieved at your leaving.

I think a lot of issues have been aired.

For myself, I understand why some Scots would want to be free of Westminster rule. My region would too.

Sorry you feel it is necessary to leave the forum.

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I won't be relieved at your leaving.

I think a lot of issues have been aired.

For myself, I understand why some Scots would want to be free of Westminster rule. My region would too.

Sorry you feel it is necessary to leave the forum.

Thank you for your reply. Most of us are in the same boat in the UK, except the 1% who have most of the wealth.
In Scotland, predominantly the haves voted NO and the havenots voted YES. What does that tell you?

I feel it necessary to leave the forum for several reasons:
  • it seems to be populated with people who don't have enquiring minds.
  • The posters on this thread give no thought to those on the receiving end of their xenophobia.
  • My mistake was in assuming that this forum welcomed ALL diabetics who needed support - not just those who don't reside in Scotland.
  • The xenophobia against Scots in the UK, as well as this forum is so institutionalised and pervasive that it goes unnoticed. It's the norm.
  • The moderators on the forum fail regularly to maintain balance whether it be this thread or the low-carb arguments.
  • I can do without the aggro.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors

What do I find, the same old, same old propaganda being repeated here ad nauseum?.

I would try to explain why 45% of Scots would want to vote for Independence. Maybe a clue might be found in the attitude of some of the posters on this thread? But it's clear reading through the thread that none of you would be remotely interested in any other point of view. You're only interested in traipsing out your petty little prejudices and ill-informed comments between yourselves to reinforce your own point of view.

get over myself? lol.... I'm afraid i have no idea what xenophobic is, does that mean hung like a mule?

Reactions: 3 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
get over myself? lol.... I'm afraid i have no idea what xenophobic is, does that mean hung like a mule?

Close!
It's a fancy way of saying racist

But I'm scottish and I still love you Andy :)

Reactions: 4 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol arent all andys really andrews? my mum and wife are the only people in the world that call me andrew though....until now i guess lol

Reactions: 2 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
lol arent all andys really andrews? my mum and wife are the only people in the world that call me andrew though....until now i guess lol

Just kidding mate! ;) You're lucky though-my wife calls me Pauley! :woot:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I haven't commented on this thread yet, I've been trying to stay out of trouble:angelic:

I am English and was always very proud to be a part of the UK. In 1974 and 1978 I supported Scotland in the World Cup. Naively I assumed that Scottish people would want to support their neighbours too. :rolleyes: Increasingly over the years all I have heard is moaning about England and I've become fed up with it. :( Surely the 1.6 million who voted Yes are the xenophobes? As far as I'm concerned the xenophobia (I thought it was a type of toad):confused: is from Scottish people towards the English, over stuff that happened centuries ago. Well I'm sorry all that happened but I can't do anything to change it. :sorry: I would have liked a Yes vote so that at last we wouldn't keep hearing about how awful we English are. I thought relations between us would be better if Scotland were independent. It would also be good not to have Scottish MP's forcing things like tuition fees on us when they voted not to have them in Scotland.

But hey I'm happy with the 'No' vote too. It's good to stay together. After all it isn't England's fault that Scotland isn't separate anymore, it's the will of the majority of Scottish people, so moan at them not the English.:) I will be so happy if I don't get picked on for being English or made to wait until the locals have all been served first next time I go to Scotland.:)

Hi @hale710 I'm glad you guys are still with us :)

Reactions: 3 people

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I haven't commented on this thread yet, I've been trying to stay out of trouble:angelic:

I am English and was always very proud to be a part of the UK. In 1974 and 1978 I supported Scotland in the World Cup. Naively I assumed that Scottish people would want to support their neighbours too. :rolleyes: Increasingly over the years all I have heard is moaning about England and I've become fed up with it. :( Surely the 1.6 million who voted Yes are the xenophobes? As far as I'm concerned the xenophobia (I thought it was a type of toad):confused: is from Scottish people towards the English, over stuff that happened centuries ago. Well I'm sorry all that happened but I can't do anything to change it. :sorry: I would have liked a Yes vote so that at last we wouldn't keep hearing about how awful we English are. I thought relations between us would be better if Scotland were independent. It would also be good not to have Scottish MP's forcing things like tuition fees on us when they voted not to have them in Scotland.

But hey I'm happy with the 'No' vote too. It's good to stay together. After all it isn't England's fault that Scotland isn't separate anymore, it's the will of the majority of Scottish people, so moan at them not the English.:) I will be so happy if I don't get picked on for being English or made to wait until the locals have all been served first next time I go to Scotland.:)

Hi @hale710 I'm glad you guys are still with us :)

What does football have to do with this topic?
Further, all I've heard on this side of the border is moaning about Scots.... where does that leave us...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
really? which half - the xenophobic half ... now that you know what that means ;)

would you be insulted if i called you racist? luckily I'm very thick skinned and its ridiculous, but don't keep it up or my scottish half will get annoyed, go and start a fight with someone who cares what you think

Weens12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
would you be insulted if i called you racist? luckily I'm very thick skinned and its ridiculous, but don't keep it up or my scottish half will get annoyed, go and start a fight with someone who cares what you think

You have said a number of things on this thread which could be construed as racist... and you're anything but thick skinned.... I've observed many tantrums you've had with anyone who dares to disagree with you on low-carbing.

You think everyone should care what you think. or you get abusive... You said "i feel like ive been spat at” by people who voted for independence.... you're as narrow minded as you are racist in your remarks.

This is a forum for diabetics... as far as I know .... that includes all in the UK (and beyond)... why don't you get back to talking about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.