My mum passed away this evening.

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Marilyn, I'm so very sorry to hear this. My mother went in the same way - a fall, taken to A & E, then on to the ward for observation and tests where she died during the night. I only live 7 miles from the hospital but didn't get there in time to say goodbye. So please don't feel guilty or upset that you couldn't be there at the end.

Do you know this poem? I hope it helps you at this sad time. To live in the hearts of others is not to die. For love cannot die. Diana x

Don't think of her as gone away
Her journey's just begun,
life holds so many facets
this earth is only one.

Just think of her as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how she must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of her as living
in the hearts of those she touched...
for nothing loved is ever lost
and she was loved so much.

Ellen Brenneman

Reactions: 8 people

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
So sorry to hear about your mum.Its a hard time and I know how you feel.
Take care.x

Reactions: 2 people

Loobles

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who interrupt you when you're talking and people who won't listen.
I am in need of a big hug, my mum, aged 88 died this evening at around 8pm. I am off to London tomorrow to see her. I am devastated that I couldn't be with her when she passed. Sorry just needed share this with my diabetic family. I will not be on line for a couple of weeks, but I will be back when things have settled down. Take care everyone, speak soon.

Marilyn xx
Oh Mazzer, I'm so sorry to hear that. I do hope you have some friends and family who are helping you get through this. Father in law died a couple of years ago, loved him to bits and really missed him, but enjoy retelling stories of funny things he'd said and done. We talk about him so often, it's like he never left! My thoughts are with you x

Reactions: 4 people

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone, I am sitting here crying my eyes out reading all your heartfelt messages, I am overwhelmed by your kindness, you are all such wonderful caring people.

@dianagrace Thank you so much for your lovely poem, I am going to copy it into my documents so that I can read it when I need to, the words are really comforting.

I am going back down to London this Sunday to finalise the funeral which is being held on 27th August. I went to see my mum at the hospital and she looked so very very peaceful. She has now been tranferred to Chapel of Rest so I can see whenever I want to, but it is really going to hit me after the funeral when I know I won't see her anymore.

I can only thank each and everyone of you from the very bottom of my heart for being there for me during this awful sad time.

Take care and make sure you all look after yourselves.

Lots of love and hugs

Marilyn xxx

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hello everyone, I am sitting here crying my eyes out reading all your heartfelt messages, I am overwhelmed by your kindness, you are all such wonderful caring people.

@dianagrace Thank you so much for your lovely poem, I am going to copy it into my documents so that I can read it when I need to, the words are really comforting.

I am going back down to London this Sunday to finalise the funeral which is being held on 27th August. I went to see my mum at the hospital and she looked so very very peaceful. She has now been tranferred to Chapel of Rest so I can see whenever I want to, but it is really going to hit me after the funeral when I know I won't see her anymore.

I can only thank each and everyone of you from the very bottom of my heart for being there for me during this awful sad time.

Lots of love and hugs

Marilyn xxx

So very sorry for your loss Marilyn. Your mum will I am sure be smiling down on you and will be there for you in every smell of blossom, every warm breeze, every birdsong that touches your heart.x

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Marilyn my friend posted this on Facebook when she lost her mum or always makes me cry
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1408203971.137137.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Such a sad and stressful time for you, Mazzer.
Death has such a sting in its tail, it's almost too painful to accept.

You have my sympathy

willie

Reactions: 3 people
C

chris lowe

Lots of love and hugs

Marilyn xxx
Hi Mazzer, It does take quite a while to get over, just grieve in you own way at your own pace, don't let any one say further on in time that you should have got over it. My mum passed 10 years ago and I still think of her and the things she's say. Sometimes I'll be shopping in the supermarket and see something new and think that Mum would like it. Just keep her memories close to your heart. I do hope you've got family and good friends who can help you over the bad times.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Such a sad and stressful time for you, Mazzer.
Death has such a sting in its tail, it's almost too painful to accept.

You have my sympathy

willie

Hi Willie, Thank you so much for your kind words. I am back home now so hopefully will be back on line in the near future. Take care. Marilyn xx

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Mazzer, It does take quite a while to get over, just grieve in you own way at your own pace, don't let any one say further on in time that you should have got over it. My mum passed 10 years ago and I still think of her and the things she's say. Sometimes I'll be shopping in the supermarket and see something new and think that Mum would like it. Just keep her memories close to your heart. I do hope you've got family and good friends who can help you over the bad times.

Hi Chris, I am sure she will live in my heart and thoughst forever, it just take time to come to terms with it. I appreciate your kind words, fortunately I do have two brothers who have been brilliant and some good friends when I need a hug. Take care and thank you.

Marilyn xx

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My daughter bought me a pink notebook for Mothers day. These are the words on the front cover :-

A MUM shares your hopes, dreams
& fears and always knows
the right words to say .

( I think it's lovely)

Take good care, with my very best wishes.

Reactions: 4 people

coco44

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi so sorry to hear about your loss. The raw feeling will fade in time, but the love, memories and closeness stay forever. Take good care of yourself. Will be thinking of you. Big, big hugs, love Coco xx