EXPLORING DIABETES YOUTUBE SERIES

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

I've started a YouTube series entitled "Exploring Diabetes". I'm aiming to shed some light on certain aspects and misconceptions surrounding the disease.

I'm hoping that someone here will watch and give some kind of constructive feedback on the information I'm providing. I've had Type One all my life, but as it's an entirely subjective condition I feel that maybe I'd give inadequate or incorrect information to people.

Here's episode one. I'm trying to make this a weekly thing. Please subscribe and like this so people will watch and hopefully gain some knowledge.

Thanks all!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
sure why not :) but i dont like the editting jumps :) just being picky sorry, best of luck with it :)

Reactions: 2 people

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Andy12345

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into ways to cause smoother transitions between "scenes", however editing videos on an iPad leaves little room for experimentation. Leave that with me, and I'll see if I can sort it for the next video.

Again, thanks so much!

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Two videos this week, folks. This one is regarding a post I saw from Diabetes UK regarding the #makethegrade campaign on twitter. It basically follows that schools don't do enough with children diagnosed with Type One, and gives you the option to tweet your local MP with a "make the grade" selfie, raising awareness of the disease and making sure the government does more to educate the staff in schools on the condition.

You can find the website to find your local MP in the video description. Please leave a like there if you feel kind, in order to raise awareness of this campaign.

If you're too lazy to go all the way to YouTube (as I usually am), then the link is also below.

Thanks all!

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk

http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2014...support-for-diabetes-in-schools-94491596.html

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey all,

No video this week - I've been unbelievably ill with Ketoacidosis, so I've not had a chance to record. I'll be back next Friday with TWO videos.

Got a couple of exciting things in the works with regards to these, as well. Any views, likes and shares are greatly appreciated and will help raise awareness of what it's like to be a young person living with Type One Diabetes.

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I take that back - I decided I was well enough to do this today. Covering the basics of DKA, and trying to get across just how serious it is.

Thanks all!

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone!

Thought that now would be the time to get some constructive feedback. Should I keep making these videos? I'm taking part in Diabetes UK's #type1uncut video project, and wanted to see if there were any particular topics that you'd like to see covered that perhaps haven't been by other youtubers? Not for the project itself, but rather for me to do personally.

My next video will be up either tomorrow or Monday, and then the weekly schedule will continue. Works been major hectic this last week, so I apologise.

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all!

Bit of a touchy subject for some, but as a sufferer of both type one and emotionally unstable personality disorder, I thought it was high time someone spoke out and voiced this.

If just one person watches this and doesn't feel alone, it would be a video worth recording.

Thanks all!

JesusFoundations

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all.

I was slated a touch on the JDRF Facebook page for voicing my opinion that the Ice Bucket Challenge, at this stage, should focus primarily on ALS sufferers due to the attention and support it has garnered over the past few weeks / month. The reason I'd voiced that opinion is because I'd seen Diabetics do the above for Diabetes, and find it a tad counterproductive. Here was my reaction to the responses I received from my post;

So, after a message from a subscriber containing a link to a Facebook video, I decided to do the CHILLI CHALLENGE. The premise is that you eat THREE chilli's, preferably with the last one drenched in Tabasco sauce. Just a silly, fun way to raise awareness for Diabetes and the JDRF / Diabetes UK / whatever Diabetes charity you wish. Here's my one;

I challenge whoever is brave enough on here to do the same. Send me a link to your video and if I get enough, I'll do a montage style video somewhere down the line and send it to some people I know that are "in the know"!

Let's work together.