Lantus Question

L33M

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Help my daughter is type 1 and my husband has her off for a few days they forgot to inject her lantus at 5pm. When I phoned they had just done it and that was 730pm how will this affect her?? We're still learning as she was only diagnosed in Nov 2013 but only been on the basal bolus since August.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks L

uncle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lantus is a slow release insulin works over 24hrs a delay of a couple of hours will not have a big impact but it might be better to do another BG test

Lucyturner

She will be a bit higher than normal tonight but it won't make too much difference as Lantus takes around 3 days to change in your system. Check her bg before you do her Lantus tomorrow and keep an eye on her blood throughout the day as she may drop a little. Don't panic I've forgotten and taken mine later a few times and I just feel a bit tired and check my bg levels a bit more often. She may not need as much fast acting insulin with her meals tomorrow but she will be fine.
Hope this helps and try not to worry.

Lucy

L33M

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks you for the reply's, she's been active all day today so has gone lower than usual tonight but it all seems okay. Thanks again, panic over.....