How do I track and monitor the results?

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been monitoring for a couple of days now and want to find a way to lay it out and track it.
Does anyone have tips on making a spreadsheet?
I have seen a couple but they seem to use a different set of numbers when monitoring (Like 57, 63 ... not 5.5 or whatever).
I ideally need something that tracks my morning, pre-meal, 2 hour post meal and exercise numbers.
I also want to include a graph if possible.
Just wondered what advice you guys had in this regard?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been monitoring for a couple of days now and want to find a way to lay it out and track it.
Does anyone have tips on making a spreadsheet?
I have seen a couple but they seem to use a different set of numbers when monitoring (Like 57, 63 ... not 5.5 or whatever).
I ideally need something that tracks my morning, pre-meal, 2 hour post meal and exercise numbers.
I also want to include a graph if possible.
Just wondered what advice you guys had in this regard?

Have a look at @Andrew Colvin 's piece of work, which tracks anything you might want. He started a thread about it here:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/writing-bg-management-app.56644/

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There is also Diasend which is web based, very good, and you can share selectively with your health care team.

As your meter can certainly upload data, don't be entering BG data into anything manually.

Generally for each meter there is at least one associated piece of software for uploading and viewing your data.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I simply made my own spread sheet on Excel. I can insert new columns if I decide to change when I test, copy and paste, don't have to bother with headings I don't want, and can do all sorts with it, with my own headings, data and values. I tried to do graphs and failed, so @sanguine helped me out with this. I love them!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you have a smartphone then there are a number of apps that can help you do this. Just search diabetes or glucose on the relevant AppStore or equivalent. A lot of them are linked (probably grew out of) internet sites.

Pavlos

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the apps are designed more for Type 1's or insulin dependant type 2's. My OCD despairs of headings and columns I don't use. :grumpy:

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the advice. :)
I've downloaded @Andrew Colvin's app and, I must say, I love it.
A big thank you for the suggestion and, of course, to the creator
:D

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
you are welcome and if there are any changes or additions you would like then please give me a shout/post in the thread. I can generally turn them around fairly quickly.

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you are welcome and if there are any changes or additions you would like then please give me a shout/post in the thread. I can generally turn them around fairly quickly.
If I think of anything, I'll let you know.
But it seems everything is included and perfect!

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, so I have done a full week of monitoring and was wondering if someone would look at my numbers and just let me know their thoughts on how I am doing?

sHCtdpy.jpg

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
They are great numbers

edit: If you noticed those days where the gap between eating your breakfast and having you lunch was longer your before meal numbers are higher. This is caused by your liver providing your body with glucose.

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are great numbers

edit: If you noticed those days where the gap between eating your breakfast and having you lunch was longer your before meal numbers are higher. This is caused by your liver providing your body with glucose.
Is this good or bad?
I know I need to lose all the stored energy around my liver ... is that what this is doing?
Or is this bad?

Also, figured out today that stress spikes my BG in a massive way.
I was running late for first day of uni, stressing big time, took BG and it was 7.0!!!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is this good or bad?
I know I need to lose all the stored energy around my liver ... is that what this is doing?
Or is this bad?
It's good and bad. Bad because it can make your blood sugars harder to predict and control. Good because it's a reserve of sugar (glycogen) in the body that can help prevent hypos.

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My goodness, could you let me know what you eat to get fantastic readings like that x
I've been doing the LCHF diet and keeping my carbs below 50 (most days below 15 - 18).
I've also been meditating/learning Tai Chi (started for blood pressure as it was very high and I've brought it down significantly) as I realised that my super stressed out (unfortunately natural) state is a factor in my BG shooting up too.
Exercising, a glass of red wine a couple of times a week, no more sweeteners in my coffee and I drink one cup of green tea with matcha a day.
I guess it all helps!!
I've also shifted a load of weight too. 303lbs to 251lbs so far!
Hope some of that helps.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It is the shifting of the weight that has normalised your levels - the same has happened for me. I now can handle a normal diet and even binge on things I shouldn't go anywhere near if I knew what was good for me. Keep up the good work and there is nothing wrong with getting liver dumps when your insulin resistance has declined like yours. Just do not get complacent as the new lifestyle has to be for life and not just for Christmas...

Zombiedude

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Believe me, after this I am going to get into shape like never before.
I will keep losing weight to my target, I will be exercising and keeping fit.
It was a wake up call.

And I must admit, I had a donner kebab the other night ... pitta and all. Still stayed below 50 on carbs and my BG was pretty good (evening of 27th) as seen by the numbers!

I do have Uni now but hope to remain a semi-active member of this community.
Like I said, I honestly don't think I would have got to this point without your advice, guidance and support.
THIS is what community is.
I can never thank you all enough. :)